GK & Current Affairs: March 23-24, 2014
1. The Moro Islamic Liberation Front is one of the largest Muslim rebel group located in ___?
The Moro Islamic Liberation is a Muslim group located in the southern Philippines.
2. Recently, WHO-India has launched IVR 2020 programme to protect and increase the number of ____?
WHO-India has launched IVR 2020 programme to protect and increase number of one horned rhinoceros. As per this programme number of rhinos should reach to 3000 by 2020 in Assam state. Under the programme, the horns of rhinos will be trimmed before their translocation to Laokhowa-Burachapori Wildlife Sanctuary in Nagaon district of the state. The trimming will be done in a way that any damage is not done to their internal organs and the trimmed horns will grow back to their original shape within four to five months. This action of trimming will also protect them from the poachers, who hunt them just to take away their horns.
3. Recently, it was reported in newspaper that CERT-In has detected a new smartphone virus which can compromise the data stored on the user’s phone. The virus is named as ___?
The CERT-In the nodal agency to combat hacking, phishing and to fortify security-related defences of the Indian Internet domain have alerted users of Android smartphones about the malicious activities of a tricky virus called ‘Dendroid’ whose infection could “completely compromise” their personal phone device. The virus of the Trojan family, once activated, could change the command and control server of a user’s personal Android phone and intercept private SMSes coming in or going out.
4. Akkampalli , where ancient caves depicting 7000 years old civilisation were discovered recently, is located in ?
A group of caves inhabited by ancient humans has been discovered in Akkampalli near Kurnool district’s Sanjamala. The discovery is archaeologically significant as the caves contain artwork that depicts the state of civilization and culture 7,000 years ago. The site comprises five caves, three natural and two rock-cut the etchings on whose walls throw a great deal of light on the life, culture, traits and beliefs of the era.
5. Which among the following finance companies has received RBI approvals to set up a minimum of 9,000 white label ATMs (WLAs) in the next three years in rural India?
[A]CMS Finvest Lts
[B]SREI Infrastructure Finance Ltd
[C]Reliance Capital Ltd
[D]Tokyo Finance Ltd
SREI Infrastructure Finance Ltd
SREI Infrastructure Finance Ltd has received Reserve Bank of India approvals to set up a minimum of 9,000 white label ATMs (WLAs) in the next three years in rural India.
6. Apart from India, which of the following South Asian countries have been declared Polio free by WHO, recently?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1, 3 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
Only 1, 3 & 4
India was officially declared ‘Polio Free’ by the World Health Organization. India is one of the 11 countries in the South East Asian region which have been certified as being free of the wild polio virus. The 11 countries in the South East Asia region are Bangladesh, Bhutan, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, India, Indonesia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Timor- Leste
7. Which among the following countries clinched the South Asian Handball Championship 2014?
India clinched the 3rd South Asian Handball Championship title after defeating Pakistan 36-31 in the summit clash. Five teams Afghanistan, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh and India took part in the Championship, which began on March 23.
8. Which among the following has become the first state in the country to declare all election booths in the coming Lok Sabha polls as no smoking zones?
[D]Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir became the first state in the country to declare all election booths in the coming Lok Sabha polls as no smoking zones. It will now be mandatory for all election booths to display the “No Smoking Zones”.
9. Which among the following countries is the world’s largest producer of “Rare Earths”?
China produces more than 90 percent of the world’s rare earths, which are used in wide range from the elements in defence industry components and modern technology from iPhones and disk drives to wind turbines.
10. Which of the following is the largest bank in the world in terms of market capitalization?
[A]China Construction Bank
[B]Industrial & Commercial Bank of China
[C]Wells Fargo & Co
[D]Bank of America
Industrial & Commercial Bank of China
Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) is the world’s largest bank in terms of market capitalization, profitability and customer deposit.