Current Affairs Quiz: December 3, 2013
1. According to Transparency International Corruption Perception Index 2013 which of the following countries is least corrupt country in the world?
Denmark and New Zealand were found to be the least corrupt on the Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index for 2014. India ranked at the 94th spot in global list, while Somalia emerged as the most corrupt.
2. The “Sankirtana” a famous tradition of ritual singing, drumming and dancing which is set to be declared intangible cultural heritage of humanity is practiced mainly in which state?
Sankirtana is Manipur’s famous tradition of ritual singing, drumming and dancing. Sankirtan and Bangladesh’s traditional art of Jamdani weaving, that is also famous in India, are set to be declared intangible cultural heritage of humanity. Sankirtan is practiced primarily by the Vaishnava community of the plains of Manipur.
3. Akihwumi Adesina, who has been named Forbes African of the Year, is __?
[A]Nigerian Agriculture Minister
[B]Kenya’s Defence Minister
[C]Mali’s Food Minister
[D]South Africa’s Vice-President
Nigerian Agriculture Minister
Nigerian Agriculture Minister Akihwumi Adesina has been named Forbes African of the Year of his reforms to the country’s farming sector.
4. Which of the following has recently named as World’s leading low cost Airline at the World Travel Awards 2013?
[B]Jet Blue Airways
Air Asia has given the name as the world’s leading low cost airline at the World Travel Awards 2013. In the travel industry value of this award equal to Oscars.
5. Who among the following has won LG People’s Choice Award 2013?
[B]M S Dhoni
[D]AB de Viliers
M S Dhoni
India captain Mahindra Singh Dhoni has won this year’s LG People’s Choice Award, thus becoming the only the second Indian cricketer to win the coveted prize after just-retired Sachin Tendulkar. Dhoni has now become the only the third cricketer to win this award after Tendulkar, who was the first-ever recipient in 2010, and Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkar, who won it in 2011 and 2012.
6. Which of the following countries have defied China’s recently created “No Air Space Zone”?
[A]Vietnam and Japan
[B]Japan and South Korea
[C]South Korea and Taiwan
[D]Japan and Taiwan
Japan and South Korea
Japan and South Korea defy China in disputed air space.
7. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has recently approved the proposal to undertake scientific drilling in the Koyna inter-plate seismic zone. Koyna is located in __?
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the proposal to undertake scientific deep in the Koyna intra-plate seismic zone, in Maharashtra. The total cost of the project is around Rs.470 crore for five years. The proposed investigation in Koyna region will provide a unique opportunity to better understand the mechanism of reservoir-triggered earthquakes, developing a forecast model and assessing earthquake hazard in a stable continental region.
8. The International Day of Persons with Disabilities observed on __?
The International Day of Persons with Disabilities is observed on 3rd December across the world. This day is observed to support and promote the rights and dignity of persons with disability and mobilise support for their well being. This day was first started in 1981 by United Nations.
9. With which of the following neighbouring countries, India has recently agreed to slew of naval cooperation measures to target pirates and terrorist groups operating in Indian Ocean?
India and Sri Lanka have agreed to slew of naval cooperation measures to target pirates and terrorist groups operating in the Indian Ocean.
10. Washoku, which is being considered for designation as part of the world’s priceless cultural heritage by the United Nations, is the traditional cuisine of __?
Washoku, the traditional cuisine of Japan, is being considered for designation as part of the world’s priceless cultural heritage by UN. Washoku embraces seasonal ingredients, a unique taste, time consuming preparation and style of eating steeped in centuries of tradition.