General Knowledge and Current Affairs Quiz: December 13, 14, 2013
1. India’s first museum for customs and central excise has been opened in which state, recently?
The headquarter of Alfandega-as the custom administration was known in Goa during Portuguese rule till 1961 when it was liberated and came under Indian control has been converted into the country’s first museum for customs and central excise and display some rare items seized from smugglers since Independence and before.
2. The “ESCAP Sasakawa Award for Disability Inclusive Business in Asia and Pacific” has won by ___?
Wipro has won the ESCAP Sasakawa Award for Disability Inclusive Business in Asia and Pacific. Wipro achieved this award in the category disability inclusive multinational enterprise. This award was established by ESCAP in cooperation with Asia Pacific Development Centre on Disability (APCD).
3. By defeating which of the following countries India clinched the women’s kabaddi World Cup Championship-2013?
India clinched the women’s kabaddi World Cup Championship for the third time in row, defeating debutant New Zealand 49-21 in the summit clash played at Guru Gobind Singh sports complex. The Indian team took home a first-place prize of Rs one crore.
4. The European Parliament has recently granted GSP Plus status to which one of the following countries, recently?
The European Parliament has granted GSP Plus status to Pakistan. The status has been granted till 2017. The status will prove to be of great benefit to Pakistan’s textile manufacturers and exporters who will now have access to 27 European countries without having to pay duties.
5. Which of the following states has been honoured with prestigious WTTCII tourism award?
Delhi tourism received the prestigious, Tourism for Tomorrow Awards, India announced by World Travel & Tourism Council India Initiative (WTTCII) for best destination leadership award 2013.
6. The Hubble Space Telescope has recently detected the first strong evidence of water plumes erupting from which one of the Jupiter’s moons?
The Hubble Space Telescope has detected the first strong evidence of water plumes erupting from the icy surface of one of Jupiter’s moon Europa. After this findins Europa would be the second moon in the solar system to have water vapour plumes. Scientist has already determined that an ocean lies beneath Europa’s frozen crust.
7. Currently, in which of the following states the AFSPA (Armed Force Special Powers Act, 1958) is in force?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 4
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
AFSPA is in force in Manipur (excluding the Imphal Municipal Council area), Assam and Nagaland and in the Tirap and Changlang districts of Arunachal Pradesh.
8. Who among the following has been named the most powerful celebrity of 2013 by Forbes India?
[A]Mahendra Singh Dhoni
[B]Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan
Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has been named the most powerful celebrity of 2013 by Forbes India for the second time in a row. Indian cricketer captain M S Dhoni moved up from the third spot last year and has come in at the number two spots with his immense popularity and endorsement deals.
9. Which of the following foreign banks has been granted license to start its banking operation in India, recently?
[B]Bank of Japan
Doha bank has been granted licence to commence banking operations in India and has been permitted to open a branch in Mumbai to provide full scale banking services.
10. The International Conference on the Great Lake Region is an intergovernmental organisation of ___ countries?
International Conference on the Great Lake Region is an intergovernmental organisation of African Countries in the African Great Lakes region.