Current Affairs Quiz: October 7, 2013
1. Who among the following has won Korean Grand Prix 2013?
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel won Korean Grand Prix. Lotus drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean took second and third.
2. Recently (October, 2013), in which of the following places All-Women Sharia court to redress grievance of Muslim women started functioning?
A sharia court conducted solely by women with an aim to redress grievances of Muslim women has started functioning at Pune. Set up by Bhartia Muslim
Mahila Andholan (BMMA) the first all-women sharia court will deal with various family issue, including marital discord, divorce as well as property-
3. In October 2013,voters of which of the following countries have rejected government proposal to abolish upper house of the parliament?
Voters in the Republic of Ireland have rejected a government proposal to abolish Seanad Eireann (upper parliament of the Irish parliament). The Seanad has existed for more than 90 years. The current Irish government has argued it cost too much to run and that its abolish could have saved Irish taxpayers as much as 20m euros a year.
4. The government of which among the following states has launched a scheme to screen people above the age of 30 years for life style diseases?
“Amrutham Arogyam” a unique project to screen all the people above the age of 30 years in the state for life style disease was formally launched in Kerala.
5. Who among the following are conferred with 2013 Nobel Prize in medicine?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 3
[B]Only 1, 2 & 3
[C]Only 1, 2 & 4
[D]Only 2, 3 & 4
Only 1, 2 & 3
Americans James Rothman and Randy Schekman and German born research Thomas Suedhof won the 2013 Nobel Prize in medicine for discoveries on
how hormones, enzymes and other key substances are transported within cells.
6. Who among the following has been recently inducted into the prestigious National Academy of Engineering, United States for his contribution to industrial development in India and world?
Industrialist Ratan Tata has been inducted into the prestigious National Academy of Engineering in US for his contribution to industrial development in India and across the world. Besides Tata, eight Indian-Americans have been inducted into the institute, consider among the highest professional distinctions accorded to an engineer.
7. At which among the following places, Tamil Nadu’s first Spice Park has been inaugurated?
Union Finance minister P Chidambaram inaugurated Tamil Nadu’s first Spice Park at Muthupatti near Shivaganga. The Spice Park set up in Sivaganga at a cost of Rs 20 crore is aimed at creating infrastructure and processing facilities for turmeric and chilli produced in Tamil Nadu.
8. Which of the following Islands is the only place in India where the rare yellow mangrove (Ceriops tagap) is found?
[C]St Marry Island
The estuarine Vincet Island on Ashtamudi Late in Kollam is the only place in India where the rare yellow mangrove is found. The yellow mangrove, long thought to be extinct, was discovered on Vincet Island by mangrove enthusiasts in 2011.
9. Who among the following has been appointed as chairperson of State Bank of India (SBI)?
Arundhati Bhattacharya appointed as Chairperson of State Bank of India, the first woman to head the country’s largest lender in its 207 year history. She
was managing director and chief financial officer of the bank prior to her elevation.
10. The “Tamu-Kalewa-Kalemyo” is a friendship road connect India and which country?
Tamu-Kalewa-Kalemyo” is a 160 km road close to Myanmar’s western border with India.
Tags: Current Affairs Quiz - October, 2013
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 1-15, 2023
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - April, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - April, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|