General Knowledge and Current Affairs Quiz: December 15, 16, 2013
1. As per the National Family Health Survey latest data, which state has maximum cases of malnutrition in the country?
The National Family Health Survey provides the data on nutrition indicators at National and State level. As per the latest data Jharkhand has recorded maximum cases of malnutrition in children.
2. Which one of the following books is not authored by A P J Abdul Kalam?
[A]Wings of Fire
[B]Target 3 Billion
[D]My Country My Life
My Country My Life
My Country My Life is an autobiographical book by L K Advani.
3. Which among the following countries has won Junior Men’s Hockey World Cup?
Germany has won Junior Men’s Hockey World Cup to their record sixth world title, beating unheralded France 5-2 in the final match at Major Dhyan Chand stadium.
4. What is the name of India’s defence ministry’s internet surveillance system which is proposed to be launch soon?
The government will shortly launch “Netra” the defence ministry’s internet spy system that will be capable of detecting words like attack, bomb, blast or kill in a matter of seconds from reams of tweets, status updates, emails, instant messaging transcripts, internet calls, blogs and forums. The Netra internet surveillance system has been developed by Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, a lab under Defence Research and Development Organisation.
5. Which of the following is/are the major objectives of MGNREGA?
2.Create durable community assets
3.Empower gram panchayats
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[B]Only 1 & 2
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
There are three objectives of NREGA. First to provide wage employment, second is to create durable community assets and third to empower grama panchayats.
6. Who among the following has been appointed new chairman of NABARD?
[A]Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
The government has appointed Harsh Kumar Bhanwala as Chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). Bhanwala succeeds Praksh Bakshi, who retired as NABARD chairman in September.
7. “Michelle Bachelet” has been recently elected as President of __?
Left-wing candidate Michelle Bachelet has been elected Chilean President for a second time by a wide margin. With almost all the votes counted, Ms Bachelet had 62% against 38% for Evelyn Matthei, a former minister from the governing centre-right coalition. Ms Bachelet first served from 2006 to 2010, but under Chile’s constitution she could not stand for a second consecutive term.
8. Who among the following has won best actor award at the 10th Dubai International Film Festival?
Acclaimed actor Irfan Khan won the best actor award for his brilliant performance in the Lunchbox at the 10th edition of Dubai International Film Festival.
9. Which one of the following has become the first Eurozone nation to exit from bailout programme?
Ireland formally left its three-year bailout programme, becoming the first nation to do so. Ireland is now returning unaided to the international lending markets while eurozone strugglers Greece, Portugal and Cyprus remain locked into the bailout process.
10. Babul Phukan, who passed away, recently was associated with which of the following sports?
Babul Phukan, former international footballer from Assam died after prolonged illness. Phukan had represented the state nine times in the Santhosh Trophy and also played several international matches in Germany, England and Italy. He played for Mohammeddan Sporting Club and also represented Maharana club, one of the oldest clubs of the North East.