GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 21, 22, 2013
1. Who among the following has been honoured with the Pride of the Nation award?
[D]Saif Ali Khan
Bollywood actor John Abraham has been conferred the Pride of the Nation award for his attempt to raise the sensitive issue of former Prime Minister Rajiv Ghandi assassination through his role as a RAW agent in Madras Cafe film.
2. Which one of the following countries is known as “Play ground of Europe”?
Switzerland is known as Play ground of Europe.
3. Which one of the followings has bagged the best film award at “Ladakh International Film Festival”?
Abhinav Shiv Tiwari’s OASS, a movie on human trafficking, was adjudged as the best film at the second edition of the Ladakh International Film Festival.
4. Recently (September, 2013), which software company has launched Finacle 11E an advanced universal banking solution to simplify banking transformation?
Infosys launched Finacle 11E – An advanced universal banking solution to simplify banking transformation. The solutions componentized approach helps banks of the all size to rapidly monetize their operations, in a phased manner while minimizing risk.
5. Recently (September, 2013), which of the following nations has been granted status as “authorizing nation” under the international Common Criteria Recognition Arrangement (CCRA ) to test and certify electronic and IT products?
India has been granted status as “authorizing nation” under the international Common Criteria Recognition Arrangement (CCRA) to test and certify electronic and IT products with respect to cyber security. India has become the 17th nation to earn such recognition among the 26-member CCRA countries like South Korea, France, Japan, Australia and Turkey.
6. Recently (September, 2013), which of the following internet search company has decided to set up a company called Calico, to develop technologies to tackle health issues related to aging?
Google said it plans to set up a new company called Calico, headed by Apple and Genetech Chairman Art Levinson, to develop technologies to tackle health issues related to aging. The new company will focus on issues including life-threatening diseases and problems affecting mental and physical agility due to aging.
7. In which of the following states “Sipat Thermal Power Plant” has been inaugurated recently?
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh dedicated the state-run NTPC’s Sipat thermal power plant in Chhattisgarh to the nation. The 2,980 WM coal-based Sipat thermal power plant has three units of 660 MW and two units of 500WM, which are already operational.
8. Recently (September, 2013), which of the following UNESCO world heritage site of India has been restored to formal glory?
UNSECO world heritage site, Humayun’s Tomb has been restored to its formal glory by Aga Khan Trust for culture in partnership with Archaeological Survey of India. The restoration project began in 2007 and was co-funded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust.
9. The “Murrah” is the most important and well known buffalo breed indigenous to which state?
The Murrah buffalo is the most important and well known buffalo breed in the world. It is one of the best breeds for milk production and found all over the Asia. Murrah buffalo originate in Haryana and dispersed to the Punjab in India and Punjab province of Pakistan.
10. Who among the followings has been chosen for “Policy Leadership Award-2013” in Agriculture?
[C]Prakash Singh Badal
Prakash Singh Badal
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal would be honoured with the Policy Leadership Award in agriculture during the Agriculture Leadership Summit-2013. The 6th Agriculture Leadership Award Committee-2013 headed by eminent agriculture scientist and Parliamentarian M S Swaminathan had selected Badal for Policy Leadership Award for the year 20113.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »