General Knowledge and Current Affairs Quiz: December 17, 2013
1. Which among the following is the major aim of the “Perform Achieve Trade (PAT)” scheme?
[A]To reduce energy consumption in industries
[B]To improve export of agriculture products
[C]To minimise the Greenhouse gas emission
[D]To reduce the energy wastage in industries
To reduce energy consumption in industries
The Perform Achieve Trade is a trading scheme aimed to reduce energy consumption in industries across India using market oriented mechanisms. The scheme is being designed and implemented by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), under the ministry of power, India.
2. Who among the following has become the highest-ranked Indian golfer in the world?
Bangalore golfer Anirban Lahiri became the highest-ranked Indian golfer in the world at 111, following his tied fourth finish at the just concluded $ 1 million Thailand Golf Championships.
3. The “Eurasia Project” a new international project plans to develop innovative technologies for drilling ultra-deep wells is initiating by which country?
Kazakhstan is initiating a new international project called Eurasia Project. The project looks to develop innovative technologies for drilling ultra-deep wells with depths of 14 to 15 kilometres.
4. Who among the following has been voted the BBC sports personality of 2013?
Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has been voted the BBC’s 60th Sports Personality of the Year, winning the accolade after becoming the first British man to lift the trophy at the All England Club in 77 years.
5. “Jallikattu” is a bull taming sport played in which of the following states?
Jallikattu is a bull taming sport played in Tamil Nadu as a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day.
6. The Luzon strait lies between the Philippines and which one of the following countries?
The Luzon Strait is the strait between Taiwan and Luzon islands of the Philippines. The strait connects the Philippine Sea to the South China Sea in the western Pacific Ocean.
7. “Ocean acidification” is the ongoing decrease in pH of Earth Ocean’s caused by uptake of ___?
Ocean Acidification is the process of decrease in the pH of the Earth’s Oceans, caused by uptake of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
8. The Nile River which is regarded as the longest river in the world empties into the ___?
[D]Sea of Okhotsk
The Nile ends in a large delta that empties into the Mediterranean Sea.
9. The “Sagar Thermal Power Plant” is a proposed power plant coming up in which state?
The Sagar Power Plant is the 2000 MW at Bengal’s Nayachar Island on the Hoogly River. The Sagar Super Thermal Project, estimated to be worth Rs 8,600 crore, is struck because of the ministry of environment has not given its clearance.
10. Which among the following is not a minority community in India?
According to existing law, five communities Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zoroastrians are notified as minority communities and enjoy the benefits and scheme meant for minorities. Jains have long been demanding recognition as a separate religion, saying their religious practices are unique and it is unfair to club them with Hindu.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|