GK & Current Affairs : June 25, 26, 2014
1. Recently, the power ministry has set up a seven-member panel called “Advisory Group for Integrated Development of Power, Coal and Renewable Energy” to look into issues related power sector. The chairman of the advisory group is _____?
[D]Partha S Bhattacharya
The power ministry has set up an Advisory group headed by former power minister in NDA regime Suresh Prabhu. The seven member panel will be called “Advisory Group for Integrated Development of Power, Coal and Renewable Energy”. The group mandate includes looking into subjects including optimal energy mix; state action plan for 24X7 power for all; requisite transmission and distribution infrastructure; development of renewable energy from resource like ocean, biomass, coal bed methane and coal gasification.
2. As per the Assocham report, which among the following states has emerging as a prominent manufacturing investment hub in the country?
Gujarat is emerging as a key manufacturing centre across the country as the state accounted for one of the highest shares in some key product segments during 2004-12, according to Assocham report.
3. Ramanayaran who passed away recently, was a famous film director in ___?
Ramanarayan was a Tamil director and producer. He was popular for making films featuring animal characters. Ramanarayan holds the world record of directing over 125 films, the maximum number by a director.
4. Which among the following general insurance companies has introduced “Insurance on Wheel” concept for faster renewal of policies?
[A]National Insurance Company
[B]United India Insurance Company
[C]New India Assurance Company
[D]Oriental Insurance Company
National Insurance Company
Kolkata-based general insurer National Insurance Company ltd has introduced a Insurance on wheels concept for faster renewal of policies. Under the scheme, a vehicle will be parked at appropriate locations in a city. People can renew their policies from there instead of going to the company office.
5. The “Bogor declaration” is related to which of the following International organisations?
The Bogor Declaration, issued during the 1994 APEC Economic leader’s meeting in Bogor, Indonesia establishing an ultimate direction of the APEC progress. APEC sets the Bogor goals of free and open trade and investment in the Asia-Pacific by 2010 for developed economies and 2020 for developing economies.
6. According to UNCTAD’s World Investment Report-2014, which country has been ranked top in terms of most-favoured FDI destination?
China has retained its top position as the world’s most attractive investment destination followed by the US and Indonesia at second and third place, according to the UNCTAD’s World Investment Report 2014. India has slipped by one notch to the fourth position in the latest rankings.
7. The “Bogibeel Bridge” country’s longest rail-cum-road bridge is being constructing across which river?
Bogibeel Bridge is a combined road and rail bridge in the Dibrugarh district of the north eastern Indian state of Assam. Upon its completion it will become the longest bridge of its kind in India and the longest bridge across the Brahmaputra river.
8. Under which article of the constitution, a statement of receipts and payments has to be tabled in the Parliament for every financial year?
Article 112 of the constitution of India mandates, a statement of estimated receipts and expenditure of the government of India is presented to the parliament every year.
9. The Pin Valley National Park is located in ____?
[A]Jammu & Kashmir
10. Which among the following countries is not a member to Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)?
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is a forum for 21 Pacific Rim member economics that seeks to promote free trade and economic cooperation throughout the Asia-pacific region. India is not a member to APEC forum.
Tags: Current Affairs Quiz - June, 2014
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 16-31, 2023
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 1-15, 2023
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - April, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|
i need this page bcz this page very importent for banking exam
Make me daily updating of all current affairs.
Not just better the best
dr krishna kant
thanks a lot sir/madam this is the very kind and helpful attempt to help the competitive exam aspirants kinds keep it up.
i like this knowledge
sir were these informations provided on your site in the current affairs section which is uploaded daily ?
why answer is not showing except 1/2
Its helping a lot thanx
I Like this Knowledge……
thank you ….to all who worked for this website
and its a great thing for the beginers….
i hope you upgrade this site…with new more facilities
god bless you