GK & Current Affairs: April 10-11, 2014
1. Recently, Justice G Rohini has became the first ever woman Chief Justice of ___?
[A]Bombay High Court
[B]Karnataka High Court
[C]Delhi High Court
[D]Madras High Court
Delhi High Court
Justice G Rohini became the first woman chief justice of the Delhi high court, 47 years after the court was established in 1966.
2. Recently, which of the following member countries of commonwealth organisation announced suspending of funding to the Commonwealth over rotating chair Sri Lanka’s alleged rights abuses?
3. Which among the following diseases is often called as “Polio of Agriculture”?
Wheat rust is sometime called the Polio of Agriculture. Wheat rust is a fungal infection. Its most devastating form attacks the plant’s stem, forming lethal, scaly red pustules.
4. Recently, India and which of the following countries have reached an agreement to include a new cross-boundary landscape in the Hindu Kush Himalayan Region?
[A]Nepal and China
[B]Nepal and Bhutan
[C]Bhutan and Bangladesh
[D]Bangladesh and Nepal
Nepal and Bhutan
Nepal, India and Bhutan have formally reached an agreement to include a new cross-boundary landscape covering parts of eastern Nepal, Sikkim and the northern parts of West Bengal in India as Kanchanjunga landscape in the Hindu Kush Himalayan Region.
5. Who among the following is the author of the book “Crusader or Conspirator: Colgate and other Truths”?
[A]P C Parakh
[B]C B Bhave
P C Parakh
6. The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy is associated with __?
The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy is a Twenty20 cricket domestic championship, organised by BCCI.
7. As per the latest data released by SIPRI, country with highest military expenditure in 2013 is __?
8. The theme of “World Green Economy Summit-2014” which concluded at Dubai is ____?
[A]Global Partnership, Sustainable Future
[B]Partnership for Better Future
[C]Global Partnership, Better Future
[D]Partnership for Sustainable Development
Global Partnership, Sustainable Future
The “World Green Economy Summit-2014” was held at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre on 15th and 16th April, 2014. The theme of the summit was Global Partnership, Sustainable Future.
9. Who among the following has been named Chef-de-Mission of India’s Common Wealth Game contingent?
[B]Raja K Sidhu
Wrestling Federation of India secretary general Raj Singh was named Chef-de-Mission of the Indian contingent for the commonwealth games to be held in Glasgow in July-August
10. According to Indian laws, a building has to be at least ___ years old to be considered heritage. Fill the blank with correct option?
As per the India laws, a building must be 100 year old to be considered heritage.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »