GK & Current Affairs: April 1, 2, 2014
1. Maximum number of factories in India are located in __?
The Annual Survey of Industries (ASI) findings for 2011-12, yet to be made public by the Central Statistics Office, show that Tamil Nadu has the maximum number of factories, accounting for 17 per cent of the 2.17 lakh units in India. The State also ranks first in the number of factory jobs. It is followed by Maharashtra (13 per cent of the total factories) and Andhra Pradesh (12.7 per cent).
2. The revised Direct Tax Code proposes to introduce tax slab for individuals earning more than Rs10 crore a year by taxing them at ____?
Direct Tax Code 2013 proposes to introduce tax slab for individuals earning more than Rs.10 crore a year by taxing them at 35% rate.
3. Which of the following entities has been recently granted banking license by the Reserve Bank of India?
[A]Bajaj Finance and IFCI
[B]Bandhan Financial Services Pvt Ltd and IDFC
[C]India Infoline and INMAC
[D]JM Finance and LIC Housing Finance
Bandhan Financial Services and IDFC
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) gave in-principle approvals to infrastructure financier IDFC Ltd and microlender Bandhan Financial Services Pvt. Ltd to start new banks only the third set of private sector lenders it would be licensing in two decades. The approvals will be valid for 18 months, during which the two companies will have to comply with rules stipulated by RBI. Bandhan is the largest microlender in India in terms of assets. As of 31 March 2014, Bandhan had a loan book of Rs.6,200 crore and 5.4 million borrowers. The company has 13,000 employees and 2,016 branches operating in 22 states.
4. According to RBI guidelines, what fraction of the branches are mandatory to be opened in rural areas by newly licensed banks?
RBI’s guidelines on setting up new banks require new banks to hold minimum capital of Rs.500 crore. RBI has made it mandatory for new banks to open at least 25% of branches in rural centres.
5. Who among the following has been appointed as next Prime Minister of France?
[B]Marine Le Pen
President Francois Hollande has named Interior Minister Manuel Valls as France next Prime Minister. Mr Valls, has replaced PM Jean-Marc Ayrault, whose office confirmed his resignation recently.
6. Lee Kun-hee, who is facing an arrest warrant in a 1.4 million dollar cheating case is chairman of ___?
Lee Kun-hee is a South Korean business magnate and Chairman of Samsung Electronics. He is considered a criminal and an absconder in India, as he has defaulted on a $1.4 million payment due to it for supplying a Coke calcinations plant in 2005. Recently, Supreme Court ordered him to come to India to face criminal charges in a case where a subsidiary is accused of failing to pay one of its suppliers.
7. The World Autism Awareness Day is observed every year on ___?
World Autism Awareness Day is celebrated on 2 April every year, in order to help share more knowledge on the neurodevelopment disorder, which has affected the lives of many people around the world.
8. Who among the following has become the first Indian piston shooter to be rank no.1 in the world ranking, recently?
[D]Annu Raj Singh
World record holder Heena Sidhu has become the first Indian pistol shooter to be ranked No.1 in the world as she climbed to the top of the chart on women’s air pistol rating in the latest ranking released by the International Shooting Sports Federation.
9. “Heartbleed” which is being reporting in newspapers recently, is a ____-?
[A]A new heart related disease
[D]New variety of Cherry
Heartbleed is a newly discovered computer bug. The widespread bug surfaced recently when it was disclosed that a pernicious flaw in a widely used Web encryption program known as OpenSSL opened hundreds of thousands of websites to data theft.
10. Which among the following is the first country to sign a civil nuclear agreement with India?
France was the first country to sign a civilian nuclear agreement with India on 30 September 2008.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »