GK & Current Affairs: March 29-31, 2014
1. The inventor of the world wide web has marked the 25th anniversary of his creation by calling for a ‘Magna Carta’ bill of rights to protect its users. Identify him from the given options:
2. “Henderson Brooks-Bhagat Report” is a classified report related to __?
[A]Sino-Indian war 1962
[B]Indo-Pak war 1947
[C]Kargil War 1999
[D]Indo-Pak war 1971
Sino-Indian war 1962
The Henderson Brooks Report is a classified report prepared by two Indian Army officers, on the Sino-Indian war 1962.
3. Recently, which one of the following countries was ordered to halt its whaling programme by the International Court of Justice?
The International Court of Justice was ordered Japan to halt its whaling programme because the hunt cannot be justified for scientific research purpose. The court said Japan’s open-ended programme that allows for the killing of about 1,000 whales a year in the Southern Ocean must cease
4. Consider the following:
1. Gudi Padava
4. Cheti Chand
Which among the above generally celebrated on same day in various parts of India?
[A]Only 1, 2 & 3
[B]Only 2, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 3 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
Gudi Padava, Ugadi, Chaitra Sukhladi, Navreh and Cheti Chand are celebrated simultaneously.
5. In which among the following countries, the Multilateral Humanitarian Assistance / disaster relief (HA/DR) Exercise, KOMODO was conducted recently?
Multilateral Humanitarian Assistance / disaster relief (HA/DR) Exercise, “KOMODO” is being conducted from 28 Mar-03 Apr 14 at Indonesia. The exercise participants include India, Indonesia, USA, China, Russia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines and Laos. Indian Navy is being represented by INS Sukanya with integral Chetak. (PIB)
6. Which among the following parliamentary constituencies in India has largest number of electors?
[A]Mumbai South, Maharashtra
[C]Mirjapur, Uttar Pradesh
[D]Malkajgiri, Andhra Pradesh
Malkajgiri, Andhra Pradesh
Malkajgiri in Andhra Pradesh with 29,53,915 electors has the largest number of electors while Lakshadweep with 47,972 electors has the smallest number of electors.
7. Recently, the RBI has deferred the implementation of Basel-III capital regulations by Indian Banks. What is the new deadline for meeting the Basel-III norms?
RBI extended deadline for meeting Basel-III norms to March 2019.
8. Recently, two large industrial firms viz. Lafarge and Holcim announced plans for a merger. These two firms are specialized in production of __?
9. Which among the following countries / regions was recently making news with respect to Sunflower Student Movement?
Sunflower Student Movement is a protest movement driven by a coalition of students and civic groups in Taiwan. The activists protested the passing of the Cross-Strait Service Trade Agreement (CSSTA) by the ruling party Kuomintang at the legislature without clause-by-clause review.
10. Which among the following is NOT a famous architecture prize?
Deming Prize is one of the highest awards on TQM (Total Quality Management) in the world
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »