GK & Current Affairs: March 27-28, 2014
1. “Earth Hour” is a movement uniting people to protect the planet, organised by___?
[A]World Wide Fund for Nature
[D]World Trade Organisation
Worldwide Fund for Nature
Earth Hour is a worldwide grassroots movement uniting people to protect the planet, and is organised by World Wide Fund for Nature
2. Currently, which among the following countries is the largest producer of cardamom in the world?
Guatemala is the world’s biggest producer of cardamom in the world.
3. Which among the following state is the first to issue “Soil Health Cards” for every land farmers?
The soil health card system is an only one of its kind information project prepared and initiated by the government of Gujarat for the benefits of farmers at the gross-root level. The Soil health cards contain agriculture information of all districts of Gujarat which is used for the benefits of farmers.
4. Srini Food Parks, India’s first mega food park is located in which state?
Srini Food Parks is the country’s first mega food park in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh. It has commenced its operation in 2012.
5. “Jens Stoltenberg” who has been elected as NATO chief is the former Prime Minister of ___?
Former Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg will take over as NATO chief starting in October, the second Scandinavian in a row to lead the military alliance.
6. The World’s biggest inland-harbour the “Duisburger-Ruhrorter” harbours is located in which country?
The Duisburger-Ruhroter harbours are located in the Germany city of Duisburg at the embouchure of Rhein and Ruhr. They are regarded as the biggest inland harbours of Europe and in sum of all harberbuildings it is the biggest inland harbour of the world.
7. The Gorumara National Park, which is primarily known for its population of Indian Rhinoceros, is located in ___?
The Gorumara National Park is located in West Bengal. It is well known for its population of Indian Rhinoceros.
8. Currently, which among the following states are the top three largest cotton producers?
[A]Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra
[B]Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra
[C]Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh
[D]Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh
Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh
9. The Montreal Protocol is a multilateral environmental agreement aimed at restoring ___?
Montreal Protocol is a multilateral environmental agreement aimed at restoring ozone layer via strategic management of ozone depleting chemicals.
10. Who among the following has won the F1 Malaysian Grand Prix 2014?
Lewis Hamilton has won the F1 Malaysian Grand Prix 2014.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »