GK & Current Affairs : January 15, 16, 2014
1. Anjali Devi, who passed away recently, was a famous _____?
Anjali Devi was a veteran Telugu and Tamil actress. She is well known for her mythological role as Sita in Lava Kusha and roles in movies like Suvarna Sundari and Anarkali.
2. Who among the following has been named the Confederation of African Football (CAF) footballer of the year?
Manchester city and Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure has been named the Confederation of African Football (CAF) footballer of the year. It is a third straight title for Toure, who also won December’s BBC African Footballer of the Year Award.
3. Which of the following states is hosting the 2014 Lusophony games?
Goa is hosting the 2014 Lusophony (or Lusofonia) games from 18-29 January 2014. The 2014 Lusophony games will be the 3rd edition of the Lusophony games, a multi-sport event that represent athletes from Portuguese-speaking countries and territories.
4. The Spice Route Project which is aimed at sharing the heritage among the foreign countries along the ancient route is a tourism promoting initiative taken by which state?
The Spice Route Project is aimed at sharing the heritage among the 31 countries along the ancient route. The initiate is expected to bring in a substantial number of foreign tourists to Kerala to trace the historic journey.
5. Which of the following districts of Assam has been declared tobacco-free district, recently?
Jorhat has been declared Assam’s first smoke-free district. In Jorhat, almost 90% offices now have a tobacco-free environment in compliance with Section 4 (Prohibition of smoking in public places) of Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act, 2003.
6. The General assembly of the United Nations has declared the year 2016 as _____?
[A]International Year of Pulses
[B]International Year of Cereals
[C]International Year of Fruits
[D]International Year of Vegetables
International Year of Pulses
The United Nations general assembly has voted to declare 2016 as the “International Year of Pulses”. The move is to raise the awareness of pulses globally and the important role pulses can play in advancing health and nutrition, food security and environmental sustainability.
7. In which one of following states the per capita availability of Milk is highest in the country?
Punjab with 961gm daily per capita milk availability is highest in the country.
8. Which among the following organisations has launched “No Lost Generation” project for Syrian children, recently?
No Lost Generation is a new initiative (2014) by the United Nations children’s agency is aiming to raise $1 billion for Syrian children. The project is focusing on education and protection programs for children in Syria and in neighbouring countries where Syrians have taken refuge to escape the violence.
9. Consider the following states:
1. West Bengal
Which of the above states share borders with Bangladesh?
[A]Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
[B]Only 1, 2, 4 & 5
[C]Only 2, 3, 4 & 5
[D]1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Only 1, 2, 4 & 5
India’s five states West Bengal, Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya and Mizoram share a 4,096 km border with Bangladesh.
10. Recently, which among the following states has rolled out “Jeevan Amrut Yojana (blood-on-call scheme) which is said to be first of its kind in the country?
Maharashtra government rolled out “Jeevan Amrut Yojana” (blood-on-call-scheme) across the state. The ambitious plan said to be first-of-its-kind in the country, is aimed at facilitating blood supply to patients scheduled to undergo surgeries and medical procedures, at cheaper rate by dialling a dedicated helpline number 104.
The above quiz has 10 questions. GKToday is publishing 20 questions with explanations every day in its Current Affairs - 2020 Daily MCQ Series in Academy App for nominal fee of Rs. 750/- a year. Download Now
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »