GK & Current Affairs: April 24-26, 2014
1. The “ASIMO” or Advanced Step In Mobile Innovative Mobility, is a humanoid robot designed and developed by ___?
ASIMO is a humanoid robot designed and developed by Honda. ASIMO was designed to be a multi-functional mobile assistant.
2. Recently, which of the following countries has decided to deploy drones to monitor and stop the poaching of elephants and rhinos in all its national parks and reserves?
Kenya’s wildlife authority has decided to deploy drones to monitor and stop the poaching of elephants and rhinos in all its 52 national parks and reserves. The country has lost over 435 elephants and around 400 rhinos to poachers since 2012, driven by demand for illegal wildlife products in Asia and elsewhere.
3. Who among the following has been adjudged as outstanding “Asian Men’s Player of the Year 2013” by Asian Squash Federation?
Saurav Ghosal has been adjudged outstanding Asian Men’s Player of the Year 2013.
4. The “Yandex” is a one of the largest search engine company operating in ______?
Yandex is a Russian internet company which operates largest search engine in Russia about 60% market shares in that country. Yandex ranked as the 4th largest search engine worldwide, based on information from Comscore.com.
5. A new economic term GIRO is being reporting in newspapers recently, what does GIRO stands for ___?
[A]Government Internal Resource Order
[B]Government Internet Related Order
[C]Government Internal Revenue Order
[D]Government Internal Record Order
Government Internal Revenue Order
6. Recently, which of the following committee has submitted its report suggesting a mechanism for centralised bills payment system in the country?
[A]Ramesh Chandra Committee
[B]Umesh Bellur Committee
[C]Satyajith Ray Committee
[D]Naveen Patnaik Committee
Umesh Bellur Committee
IIT Bombay professor Umesh Bellur committee has submitted its report on centralised bill payment system in the country. The committee was set up in last October by RBI. The committee has suggested a mechanism for centralised bills payment system in the country, primarily by setting up two organisation-Bharat Bill Payment Services (BBPS) or the Bharat Bill Payment Operating Units or BBPOUs.
7. In India, Snow Leopard is found mainly in which of the following states?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 3
[B]Only 1, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Only 1, 3 & 4
Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim are home to Snow Leopards.
8. Recently, which among the following leading confectionary manufacturer has been renamed as Mondelez India Foods Limited?
Cadbury India Limited, a subsidiary of Mondelez International Inc has changed its name to Mondelez India Foods Limited.
9. The “Homogenization” milk is mainly done to _____?
[A]Increase fat content
[B]Reduce fat globules
[C]Reduce microorganism load
Reduce fat globules
The homogenization of milk is a process where milk fat globules are reduced in size and dispersed uniformly through the rest of the milk.
10. Who among the following has won World Women’s Senior Snooker Championship-2014?
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »