GK & Current Affairs: April 22-23, 2014
1. According to the Global Information Technology Report 2014, which country was placed first in terms of leveraging information and communication technologies (ICT)?
India slid down to 83rd spot among 148 economies in terms of leveraging information and communications technologies for growth and well being, according to the Global Information Technology Report 2014. Finland was placed in the first place, followed by Singapore and Sweden in the second and third sports.
2. The ASBA (Application Supported by Blocked Amount) platform to facilitate smooth participation in the initial public offering market was introduced by ___?
SEBI has introduced the ASBA (Application Supported by Blocked Amount) platform in 2008 to facilitate smooth participation in the initial public offering (IPO) market.
3. Recently, Viktor Orban has been re-elected as Prime Minister of which country?
Viktor Orban re-elected to a third term as Prime Minister of Hungary. He declared victory in Hungary’s parliamentary election, winning a second consecutive term. Orban’s Fidesz party won 44.6% of the vote.
4. Which among the following cities holds the sobriquets the “city of itar (perfume)”?
5. The Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities is a multilateral treaty of the ___?
[A]Council of Europe
Council of Europe
The Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities is a multilateral treaty of the Council of Europe aimed at protecting the rights of minorities. It came into effect in 1998 and it had been ratified by 39 member states.
6. Who among the following has been appointed as India’s first ambassador to the separate Indian mission to ASEAN & East Asia summit?
[B]Suresh K Reddy
Suresh K Reddy
Suresh K Reddy currently ambassador of India to Iraq, has been appointed to the separate Indian mission to ASEAN and East Asia summit.
7. Which among the following countries is / are non-parties to Non-Proliferation treaty?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 3
[B]Only 1, 2 & 4
[C]Only 2, 3 & 4
[D]Only 1 & 2
Only 1, 2 & 3
The treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons or Non-Proliferation treaty entered into force in 1970. The four United Nations member states have never joined the treaty are India, Israel, Pakistan and South Sudan.
8. The Marshall Islands, is an island country located in ___?
[B]Northern Pacific Ocean
[C]Southern Pacific Ocean
Northern Pacific Ocean
The Marshall Islands or the Republic of the Marshall Islands is an island country located in the northern Pacific Ocean. It has the population of 68,480 people spread over 24 low-lying coral atolls, comprising 1,156 individual islands and islets.
9. Which among the following organisations publishes the “Global Information Technology Report”, annually?
[A]World Economic Forum
[B]World Trade Organisation
[C]International Telecommunication Union
World Economic Forum
The World Economic Forum together with INSEAD publishes the Global Information Technology Report.
10. The Solid carbon dioxide is mainly used as ___?
[D]As an antiseptic
Solid carbon dioxide is called as dry ice. It is the solid form of carbon dioxide. It is used primarily as a cooling agent.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »