Current Affairs Quiz: December 6, 7, 2013
1. Which of the following is the India’s first indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft?
Tejas is India’s first indigenously developed light combat aircraft. Recently it has achieved a milestone by launching an infrared seeking air to air missile that hit the target in a direct hit with precision and destroyed the target.
2. India’s first heritage transport museum has recently opened at____?
India’s first heritage transport museum has been opened in Guargaon, Haryana. The museum which has been inspired by similar structure in London in the UK and Los Angeles in the US showcase the history of transportation in India.
3. The “Hezbollah” is an Islamic militant group and political party based in __?
Hezbollah is a Shia Islamic militant group and political party based in Lebanon. The government of U.S, Netherlands, France and Gulf Cooperation Council, UK, EU and Israel classify Hezbollah as a terrorist organisation in whole or in part.
4. With reference to Indian sports, Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range is located in ___?
There are five stadia in Delhi viz., Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Maj. Dhyan Chand National Stadium, Indira Gandhi Stadium, Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Swimming Pool Complex and Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range.
5. In recent times, the Trade Facilitation Package (TFP) was making news with reference to __?
[A]World Economic Forum
[B]World Trade Organization
[D]International Monetary Fund
World Trade Organization
The 159 members of the World Trade Organization have recently struck a deal called Trade Facilitation Package that is expected to give the global economy a $1 trillion boost.
6. Which among the following companies is generally known as Salt-to-software conglomerate?
7. According to the recent global survey of leading consultancy firm Ernst and Young (EY), which among the following countries has emerged as the most attractive investment destination of the world recently?
With relaxation in FDI norms to boost investor sentiments, India has emerged as the most attractive investment destination surpassing neighbouring China and the US as per this survey.
8. Which one of the following countries has recently agreed to include a “limitation of benefits (LOB)” clause in its revised tax treaty with India?
Mauritius has agreed to include a “limitation of benefits” clause in its revised tax treaty with India. The move aims to strengthen its jurisdiction from any attempts of round tripping and money laundering activities.
9. The Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) of India was set up on the basis of the recommendation made by which committee?
[A]Naresh Chandra Committee
Naresh Chandra Committee
The Serious Fraud Investigation Office was set on 9th January 2003 on the basis of the recommendations made by the Naresh Chandra Committee which was set up by the government on 21st August 2002 on corporate governance. Recently, Serious Fraud Investigation Office has been accorded statutory status.
10. Which of the following has been awarded the title of “World’s Leading Island Destination” at the 2013 World Travel Awards in Qatar?
The Maldives has been awarded the title of World’s Leading Island Destination at the 2013 World Travel Award in Qatar. This is the third time the Maldives has won the prestigious travel award. The World Travel Awards are hailed as the “Oscars of the Travel Industry”.