GK & Current Affairs: April 27-28, 2014
1. The busiest maritime route in the world is _____?
[A]The Strait of Drover
[B]The Taiwan Strait
[C]The Sunda Strait
[D]The Malacca Strait
The Strait of Dover
The Strait of Dover is considered as the busiest maritime route in the world. The Strait represents the most constricting point in the English Channel spanning a width of only about 20 miles.
2. What is the name of Google’s new project which intends to provide high speed broadband internet connection in selected cities?
Google fiber is the google’s fiber-to-the-premises service in the United States, providing broadband internet and television to a small and slowly growing number of locations.
3. The “Gene Xpert” is one of the advance tests for diagnosis of ___?
Gene Xpert is one of the most advanced tests for TB diagnosis.
4. Recently, NTT Docomo has announced its decision to exit its mobile phone joint venture with the Tata Group by selling its entire stake in the country. Docomo is a telecom company from which country?
NTT Docomo is the predominant mobile operator in Japan. Docomo has decided to sell its 26.5 per cent stake in Tata Teleservices which it had acquired in 2009.
5. The world’s first museum dedicated to the pro-democracy protests in Beijing Tiananmen Square has opened in ___?
The world’s first museum dedicated to the 1989 pro-democracy protests in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square has opened in Hong Kong.
6. Justice Rajendra Mal Lodha is the ____ Chief Justice of India.
Justice RM Lodha is the 41st Chief Justice of India. He will succeed Justice P Sathasivam and will serve as the CJI for five months as he is due to retire on September 27.
7. Which among the following state has been ranked top in creation of new jobs in the manufacturing sector as per the National Sample Survey latest data?
The latest National Sample Survey data show West Bengal topped in creation of new jobs in the manufacturing sector among all states. During the 2004 and 2011 more than 40 per cent of new manufacturing jobs created in India were generated in West Bengal.
8. The “Indian Super League” is related to ____?
The Indian Super League is the name of a new, proposed football league by IMG-Reliance and the All India Football Federation.
9. The theme of “World Malaria Day-2014” is ____?
[A]Create Awareness, Curb Malaria
[B]Invest in Future. Defeat Malaria
[C]No Mosquitoes No Malaria
[D]Say Good Bye to Malaria
Invest in Future, Defeat Malaria
The world malaria day was observed on 25 April 2014 across the world to raise awareness of the disease. The theme for 2014 is “Invest in Future, Defeat Malaria”.
10. Recently, which South Asian country as signed a 10 year pact that would allow US military in that nation?
The US and Philippines have reached a 10 year pact that would allow a larger U.S military presence in this South Asian nation. The Enhanced Defence Cooperation Agreement, which would give American forces temporary access to selected military camps and allow them to preposition of fighter jets and ships.