GK & Current Affairs : July 11, 12, 2014
1. According Employment Exchange Statistics-2013, which state has been rated as the top state for providing jobs through employment exchanges?
Gujarat has been ranked as the top state for providing jobs through employment exchanges, according to the Employment Exchange Statistics-2013. As per the report, Gujarat has given 57.53% of the jobs provided through employment exchanges in the country.
2. Who among the following has been awarded “Gandhi Peace Prize for 2013”?
[A]Chandi Prasad Bhatt
Chandi Prasad Bhatt
Environmentalist and social activist Chandi Prasad Bhatt was presented the Gandhi Peace prize by President Pranab Mukherjee. A Gandhian and a member of the Sarvodaya movement, Mr.Bhatt organised the Dashauli Gram Swarajya Sangh in 1964. He dedicated himself through the Sangh to improve the lives of villagers, providing employment near their homes in forest based industries, and fighting against wrong polices through Gandhian non-violent satyagraha.
3. Which one of the following is not a financial regulatory body in India?
There are five major financial regulatory bodies in India. They are RBI, SEBI, IRDA, Forward Market Commission India and PFRDA.
4. As of 2014, the BRICS nations represented ____ per cent of the World economy. Fill the blank with correct option?
5. The “tar balls phenomenon” which is getting wider attention of environmentalist and parliamentarians nowadays is associated with which states?
Tar ball deposition on Goa’s beaches, a regular phenomenon from June to October every year is affecting the marine life in the coastal waters of the state. The Goan coast is close to one of the Sea Lines of Communication (SLOC), which is used by ships and international tankers coming from and going towards the Persian Gulf.
6. Nobel prize-winning author Nadine Gordimer, who died recently, belongs to which country?
Nadine Gordimer was a South African writer, political activist and recipient of the 1991 Nobel Prize in literature. She was recognised as a woman “who through her magnificent epic writing has-in the words of Alfred Nobel been of very great benefit to humanity.
7. Recently, which one of the following countries has launched the “Operation Barkhane” a counter terrorism operation in against Islamist militant in Northern Africa?
France has announced the deployment of some 3,000 soldiers in northern Africa as a part of new military operation to fight militants in the region. The counter-terrorism operation is codenamed as “Operation Barkhane”. The Operation Barkhane will be based in the Chadian capital Ndjamena, its activity will span across several countries in the Sahel.
8. According to the latest World Development Indicators (WDI) data, public spending on health and education in India is ___ per cent of country’s GDP. Fill the blank with correct option?
As per the latest World Development Indicators (WDI) data, public spending on health and education in India is 4.7 per cent of GDP in India.
9. The Movement for Unity and Jihad (MUJAO) in West Africa is a splinter group of the organisation of ____?
[A]al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb
[B]al-Queda in the Arabian Peninsula
[D]Jamaat Ansar al-Sunna
al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb
10. Who among the following have the “Golden Boot” and “Golden Ball” award in the FIFA 2014, respectively?
[A]James Rodriguez and Lionel Messi
[B]Miroslav Klose and Lionel Messi
[C]Lionel Messi and James Rodriguez
[D]Lionel Messi and Miroslav Klose
James Rodriguez and Lionel Messi
With six goals in the 2014 World Cup, Colombia’s James Rodriguez earned the Golden Boot and Lionel Messi earned the 2014 World Cup Golden Ball as FIFA named the Argentinean start the tournament’s top player.