GK & Current Affairs : July 13, 14, 2014
1. Recently, which among the following has kicks off global “Digital Literacy Campaign” to teach people basic Internet use and other digital skills?
Mozilla foundation has unveiled global Digital Literacy Campaign to teach people basic internet use and other digital skills. The campaign is expecting more than 100,000 people to participate in a series of events worldwide over the next two months.
2. Which among the following species is considered to be the natural host of the Ebola virus, which cause Ebola hemorrhagic fever in human beings?
Ebola virus disease or Ebola hemorrhagic fever (EHF) is the human disease caused by ebola viruses. Fruit bats are believed to carry and spread the disease without being affected by it.
3. “Gyrochronology” is a method for estimating the age of _____?
Gyrochronology is a method for estimating the age of a low-mass star like Sun from its rotation period.
4. Which among the following is the Africa’s top gold producing country?
5. Which of the following countries will host the 2018 FIFA world cup?
The 2018 FIFA World Cup will be the 21st FIFA world cup, an international men’s football tournament, that is scheduled to take place in 2018 in Russia.
6. Alice Coachman Davis, who passed away recently, was famous as the first black woman to win an Olympic gold medal at the 1948 London Games. She won the gold in the ___?
Alice Coachman Davis, the first black woman to win an Olympic gold medal has died in the US at the age of 90. She set a new Olympic record, winning gold in the high jump at the 1948 London Games.
7. Recently, the BRICS countries firmed up plan to set up a New Development Bank (NDB) with an initial authorised capital of $100 billion. The NDB will be headquartered in ___?
The BRICS countries- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa agreed to set up a New Development Bank the move likely to strengthen economic cooperation between five nation grouping. The National Development Bank will be headquartered in Shanghai, will have an initial authorised capital of $100 billion and an initial subscribed capital of $50 billion equally shared by the five member countries, according to Fortaleza declaration.
8. Recently, it was reported in the newspaper that over 670 large dams across the country fall under high-intensity seismic zones. Which state has highest number of dams falls under high-intensity seismic zone?
Gujarat tops the list with 444 dams/reservoir falls under high intensity seismic zone followed by Maharashtra which has 170 such water bodies.
9. As per the latest report, which among the following is the least urbanised state in the country?
10. Which among the following has unveiled “Project Zero” a team of elite hackers designated for checking internet security holes and secure people from cyber-attacks?
Tech titan Google unveiled “Project Zero” a team of elite hackers designated for checking internet security holes and secure people from cyber-attacks. The team of hackers will look for threats, mainly on zero day vulnerabilities such as the recent heartbleed bug, in most popular software such as Google chrome and Internet explorer.