GK & Current Affairs: July 3, 4, 2014
1. The “Golden Pen of Freedom Award” is an annual international journalism award given by the _____?
[C]World Association of Newspapers
World Association of Newspapers
The Golden Pen of Freedom Award is an annual international journalism award established in 1961, given by the World Association of Newspapers to individuals or organisations.
2. Recently, which country has decided to issue multiple entry short-term stay visa to Indians to broaden the relationship between two countries?
Japan will issue multiple entry visas for short-term stay to Indians. The decision will help increase the number of Indian tourists to Japan and improve convenience in business activities, thus further developing bilateral exchanges between the two countries.
3. Recently, the Indian railway has test drives a semi-bullet train which sets new national speed record of ____ kilometre per hour. Fill the blank with correct option?
Indian semi-bullet train sets new national speed record of 160 kilometres an hour during a test between the Delhi and Agra. This is now the fastest train in India.
4. Recently, the Pentagon has notified the US congress about its decision to sell anti-ship Harpoon missile to India at an estimated cost of $200 million. On which of the following submarines the Harpoon missile system will be employed?
[A]Shishumar class submarines
[B]Sindhughosh class submarines
[C]Chakra class submarines
[D]Scorpene class submarines
Shishumar class submarines
The Harpoon missiles system will be employed on the Indian Navy’s Shishumar class submarines and will provide enhanced capabilities in defence of critical sea lines of communications.
5. Who among the following founded the Bharatiya Jana Sangh on 21 October 1951?
[B]Gopala Krishna Gokhale
[C]Syama Prasad Mukherjee
[D]Sardar Vallabhai Patel
Syama Prasad Mukherjee
The Bharatiya Jana Sangh was started by Syama Prasad Mukherjee in Delhi with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, as its political arm, and to be a nationalistic alternative to the Indian congress. Its ideology was centred on Hindutva.
6. According to NCRB report, which city has recorded highest number of cyber crime cases in the country?
Bangalore has recorded highest cyber crime cases (417) followed by Vishakhapatnam (175) and Hyderabad (160).
7. The Sant Kabir award is given for the personalities who have given outstanding contribution in the field of _____?
[A]Handicrafts and Handlooms
[D]Culture and Heritage
Handicrafts and Handlooms
The Sant Kabir award was established by Government of India and conferred to outstanding weavers who have made valuable contribution in keeping alive the handloom heritage.
8. The Article 371E in the India constitution is related to _____?
[A]Special provision regarding to Assam state
[B]Establishment of Central University in Andhra Pradesh
[C]Special Provision regarding to Tripura state
[D]Special Provision regarding North-Eastern Areas
Establishment of Central University in Andhra Pradesh
371E. Establishment of Central University in Andhra Pradesh.- Parliament may by law provide for the establishment of a University in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
9. In context to Indian Army, DHVANI which is in news recently, is a _____?
[A]Marksmanship training system
[B]Sea-weed based protein food
[D]Novel technology based bullet proof jackets
Marksmanship training system for Indian Army
DHVANI is state-of-the-art marksmanship training system developed by CSIR for Indian Army. The sophisticated acoustic sensor-based system will help the army to develop shooting techniques of its combat personnel during training. The system will help them in perfecting marksmanship skills by accurately determining the location of bullet impact and providing real time feedback during training.
10. Apart from West Bengal, which among the following is predominantly a Bengali Speaking state?
In addition to more than one Hindi speaking states in India, there are two Bengali speaking states: West Bengal and Tripura, two Telugu speaking states viz. Telangana & Andhra Pradesh. Bengali and Kokborok are official languages of Tripura.