GK & Current Affairs: May 28-31, 2014
1. Who among the following appoints Pro-tem speaker in Lok Sabha?
[C]Outgoing speaker of Lok Sabha
[D]Lok Sabha secretary
2. The MINUSMA is a name of the United Nations peacekeeping mission in ___?
The United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission or MINUSMA is a UN peace keeping mission in Mali. It was established on 25 April 2013 by UN Security Council resolution 2100 to stabilise the country after the Tuareg rebellion.
3. The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a group of West African countries consist of how many countries?
The ECOWAS is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
4. At present, Citizens of which among the following countries use only foreign currencies for daily use as the country has abandoned its own currency?
Zimbabwe abandoned its national currency in 2009 due to hyperinflation. Citizens were allowed to use foreign currencies for their daily use.
5. The speakers of Lambadi language / dialect are prominently found in __?
Banjari, or Lambadi, is a Rajasthan language spoken by nomadic Banjara people across India. (From Wikipedia)
6. With reference to the third gender in India, which among the following states is known to have established India’s first Transgender Welfare Board in 2008?
On 15th April 2008, Tamil Nadu constituted the country’s first Transgender Welfare Board.
7. Which among the following major ports in India is a corporate port?
8. Petro Poroshenko, also known as the “chocolate king”, was recently elected as new President of __?
Billionaire Petro Poroshenko, known as the chocolate king, was elected as Ukraine’s new president. His leadership was immediately tested when militants seized a terminal of Donetsk airport, in the east of the country.
9. Which among the following countries is not a founding member of the recently founded Eurasian Economic Union?
The Eurasian Economic Union also known as the Eurasian Union (EaU), is an economic union founded by a treaty signed on May 29, 2014 between the leaders of Kazakhstan, Russia and Belarus. The Union will go into effect on January 1, 2015 if the treaty is approved by each country’s parliaments. (From Wikipedia)
10. Recently, in which of the following countries world’s highest cable railway has been inaugurated?
The first segment of the world’s highest cable railway line, carrying passengers from city to city up to 4,000 meters above sea level has been inaugurated in Bolivia. The cable line connects the capital La Paz with the nearby city of El Alto, through high Andes Mountains.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »