GK & Current Affairs: May 26, 27, 2014
1. Article 370, which is one of the temporary, transitional and special provisions in the constitution of India is enshrined in which among the following parts of Indian Constitution?
2. Recently, the Union government has constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to unearth illicit money. Who is the chairman of the SIT?
[A]Amar Pratap Sinha
[B]M B Shah
[D]C B Bhave
M B Shah
The union government has formed a high-profile Special Investigation Team (SIT) to unearth illicit money. The SIT will be headed by former Supreme Court judge M B Shah and will include the highest-level officials from financial and economic departments as well as law enforcement agencies.
3. Recently, in which of the following cities the “Malwa Utsav” five-day cultural fest has been kicked off?
The 14th five-day cultural fest “Malwa Utsav” began in Indore. This time, the theme for the stage design is Masks. The festival witness the craftsman and artist from different parts of the country showcase their talents at the festival.
4. Who among the following has won the Egyptian Presidential election, recently?
[A]Abdel Fatah al-Sisi
Abdel Fatah al-Sisi
Egypt ex-army chief Abdel Fatah al-Sisi won more than 90% of the vote in the presidential elections.
5. The Eurasian Economic Union or Eurasian Union is an economic union founded by the leaders of ____?
[A]Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus
[B]Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus
[C]Armenia, Russia, Belarus
[D]Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan
Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus
The Eurasian Economic Union is an economic union founded by a treaty signed on May 29, 201 between the leaders of Kazakhstan, Russia and Belarus. The union will go into effect on January 1, 2015 if the treaty is approved by each country’s parliaments.
6. The Tin Bigha corridor is a strip of land between India and ___?
The Tin Bigha corridor is a strip of land belonging to India on the West Bengal-Bangladesh border.
7. As per the law, a member who has been elected from two Lok Sabha constituencies has to vacate one of the seats within ___ days of the declaration of result. Fill the blank with correct option?
As per the rules, a member who has been elected from two Lok Sabha constituencies has to vacate one of the seats within fourteen days of the declaration of result.
8. Approximately, what fraction of global healthcare industry is shared by India?
India’s healthcare industry today is worth more than 45 billion dollars. It, however, accounts for less that 1% of the global healthcare industry – even though it serves about 17% of the world population
9. Which among the following is largest rubber producing state of India?
Kerala accounts for nearly 90 per cent of the country’s rubber production.
10. Which among the following is world’s largest securities settlement system?
[D]Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing
Euroclear is a Belgium based financial services company that specializes in the settlement of securities transactions as well as the safekeeping and asset servicing of these securities. It was founded in 1968 as part of J.P. Morgan & Co. to settle trades on the then developing eurobond market. (from Wikipedia)
Tags: Current Affairs Quiz - May, 2014
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 1-15, 2023
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - April, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - April, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|
all questions are very good
plz send me a daily g.k current affair update