GK & Current Affairs: May 24, 25, 2014
1. “Cristiano Ronaldo”, world’s most marketable footballer belongs to which country?
2. Maya Angelou who passed away recently, was a famous ___?
Maya Angelou was an African-American author and poet. She published seven autobiographies, three books of essays, and several books of poetry. She received dozens of awards and over thirty honorary doctoral degrees. She is best known for her series of seven autobiographies, which focus on her childhood and early adult experiences.
3. The Daroji Sanctuary exclusively created for the preservation of Indian Sloth bears is located in which state?
Daroji Sloth bear sanctuary is located in Bellary district in Karnataka. The sanctuary was exclusively created for the preservation of Indian Sloth bears
4. In the human body the “Calf muscle” is found on the ___?
The Calf muscle is on the back of the lower leg.
5. Recently, which country has announced it would start an anti-terrorism partnership fund, which will be used to help train other countries to take on rising extremism?
The US would start a $ 5 billion anti-terrorism partnership fund, which will used to help train other countries to take on rising extremism.
6. What is the name of NASA’s Spectrograph launched recently to study birthplace of stars?
NASA has successfully launched the Colorado High-resolution Echelle Stellar Spectrograph or CHESS to study birthplaces of stars. CHESS will soar above Earth’s atmosphere to look at the ultraviolet light from a bright star-light that is blocked by the atmosphere and can’t be seen from the ground.
7. The “Arsia Mon” is name of the volcano located on __?
Arsia Mons is the southernmost of three volcanoes on the Tharsis bulge near the equator of the planet Mars.
8. Who among the following has been appointed as the Attorney General of India?
[C]Fali Sam Nariman
[D]T R Andhyarujina
Senior Supreme Court advocate and Additional Solicitor General under the earlier NDA regime, Mukul Rohatgi appointed the Attorney General of India. Rohatgi is one of the top corporate lawyers in the country.
9. The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship or Red Shirts, is a pro-democracy movement in ___?
The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship or Red Shirts, is the biggest pro-democracy movement in Thailand’s history. Red Shirts are social activists who believe that the people of Thailand deserve a political and judicial system that ensures their universal human rights and justice.
10. Who among the following has been appointed as National Security Advisor?
[D]Shesh Paul Vaid
Ajit Doval Former intelligence bureau chief Ajit Doval was appointed as National Security Advisor. A 1968 batch IPS officer, Doval, known one of the best operational brains within intelligence circles, was India’s main negotiator with the hijackers of Indian Airlines plane IC-814 taken to Kandahar in 1999.