GK & Current Affairs: December 29-31, 2013
1. Who among the following has won the Al-Ain Classic International Open Chess tournament?
Abhijeet Gupta won the Al-Ain Classic International Open Chess tournament that concluded in Al Ain at the UAE University. Gupta beat Georgia’s Baadur Jobava.
2. Which one of the following countries does not share border with China?
China has international border with 14 sovereign states, more than any other, except Russia, which also has 14. In the given options it does not share border with Thailand.
3. India’s Shiva Keshavan is a popular personality in which of the following sports/events?
Shiva Keshavan is the first Indian representative to compete in Luge at the winter Olympic Games. He won the silver medal at the 16th edition of the luge Asia cup, clocking a total time of 1:39:750 seconds for two heats.
4. The “White Army” an ethnic militant organisation belongs to which of the following countries?
The White Army or Nuer White Army is a militant organisation formed by the Nuer people of South Sudan. The white army is so named due to the Nuer practice of smearing one’s skin with a light-coloured ash as protection against biting insects.
5. Rosetta is a robotic spacecraft launched by the European Space Agency to perform a detailed study of a / an ___?
Rosetta is a robotic spacecraft built and launched by the European Space Agency to perform a detailed study of comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. It is part of the ESA Horizon 2000 cornerstone missions and is the first mission designed to both orbit and land on a comet.
6. Which among the following has been voted World’s Leading Luxury Hotel, 2013 by the World Travel Awards?
[C]The Leela Palace
[D]The Sher Bagh
The Oberoi, Gurgaon has been voted World’s Leading Luxury Hotel, 2013 for the third consecutive years by the World Travel Awards.
7. The “Kamtapur Liberation Organisation” is a banned outfit engaged in an armed struggling for a separate statehood movement in ___?
The Kamtapur Liberation Organisation is a banned outfit engaged in an armed struggle for a separate Kamtapur state including six districts of North Bengal. Its other objectives and demands include fighting unemployment, literacy and backwardness in the Kamtapuri community, and special status to the Rajbanshi language and culture.
8. The Indian and which among the following has decided to enhance the bilateral currency swap arrangement from 15 billion dollars to 50 billion dollars?
The Reserve Bank of India and Japan’s Central bank, Bank of Japan, decided to enhance the bilateral currency swap arrangement from 15 billion dollars to 50 billion dollars. The arrangement would help bring stability in the financial markets in both countries.
9. “Aotearoa” is an alternative name for which one of the following entities?
Aotearoa is the most widely known and accepted alternative name for New Zealand.
10. Consider the following awards:
3.Anand Coomarswamy Fellowships
Which of the above mention award is/are given by Sahitya Akademi of India?
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 3 & 4
[D]1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
Basha Samman, Premchand and Anand Coomarswamy fellowship are the awards given by Sahitya Akademi for significant contribution to Indian languages. Premachand fellowship is given to persons of eminence in the field of culture from SAARC countries. Anand Coomarswamy fellowship was started in 1996. It is given to scholars from Asian countries to spend 3 to 12 months in India to pursue a literary project.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|