GK & Current Affairs: June 6-7, 2014
1. India’s largest electricity-generating plant is located at ___?
The first unit of the Kudankulam nuclear power plant attained its maximum capacity of 1000 MW recently, becoming the largest electricity-generating plant of any type in India. It is the 21st nuclear power reactor in India and is also the first pressurised water reactor belonging to light water reactor category.
2. Recently, Tennis player Maria Sharapova has claimed her second French Open title in 2014. Maria Sharapova is from __?
Recently, top Russian Tennis star Maria Sharapova has claimed her second French Open title when she floored Romanian fourth seed Simona Halep 6-4 6-7(5) 6-4 after a marathon encounter in Saturday’s final.
3. A vulture restaurant has been recently opened at __?
[B]Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh)
4. With reference to the Syrian Crisis, which among the following countries is not against the incumbent Syrian Government led by Bashar al-Assad?
[C] Saudi Arabia
5. A pacific island country has recently sued nine nuclear weapon states (including India in the International Court of Justice) over failure to disarm. Identify the country from the given options:
[A]The Federated States of Micronesia
As per recent reports, Marshall Islands is suing the nine nuclear powers including India at ICJ, the Hague with the argument that they have violated their legal obligation to disarm. Marshall Islands is a chain of islands in Pacific. It was a site of some 67 nuclear tests between 1946 to 1958. The country now says that its people are suffering serious health problems.
6. Which among the following is NOT a correct match?
[A]Boer War ↔ South Africa
[B]Boxer War ↔ China
[C]Mau Mau Uprising ↔ Kenya
[D]Anyanya Rebellion ↔ Myanmar
Anyanya Rebellion ↔ Myanmar
The Mau Mau Uprising, also known as Kenya Emergency was a military conflict that took place in Kenya between 1952 and 1960. Ananya rebellion was first Sudan Civil war.
7. World’s largest polluter country has recently decided that for the first time it will impose an absolute limit on its carbon emissions. This country is __ :
[A]United States of America
China is the world’s biggest emitter of greenhouse gases, surpassing the United States in 2006. It recently decided that for the first time it will impose an absolute limit on its carbon emissions, to begin with coal fired power plants.
8. Which among the following treaty is a treaty to Facilitate Access to Published Works by Visually Impaired Persons and Persons with Print Disabilities?
[B]Cape Town Treaty
9. Great Himalayan National Park (GHNP) is located in __?
10. Who among the following is the youngest female ever in the world to reach the world’s highest peak Everest?
Ms. Poorna Malavath created a record of the youngest female ever in the world to reach the world’s highest peak, at the age of 13 years and 11 months, on May 25th, 2014. She is a student of the Social Welfare Residential School in Nizamabad, Telangana.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »