GK & Current Affairs: January 7-8, 2014
1. In which of the following years government of India constituted the Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal?
The Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal was constituted by government of India on 2nd June 1990 to adjudicate the water dispute regarding inter-state river Cauvery and the river valley thereof.
2. Recently, which among the following has been granted the status of Qualified Central Counterparty (QCCP) by RBI?
[A]Indian Clearing Corporation
[B]MCX-SX Clearing Corporation
[C]National Securities Clearing Corporation
[D]Clearing Corporation of India
Clearing Corporation of India
The Reserve Bank of India granted the status of Qualified Central Counterparty to Clearing Corporation of India (CCIL). QCCP status means that CCIL now adheres to the principles for Financial Market Infrastructure an international standard to handle counterparty risk on derivatives.
3. The Mor committee on comprehensive financial services for small business and low-income households has recommended all Indians above 18 years of age should have full-service bank accounts by ___?
[A]January 1, 2015
[B]January 1, 2016
[C]March 31, 2015
[D]March 31, 2016
January 1, 2016
A committee headed by RBI board member Nachiket Mor has recommended all Indians above 18 years of age should have full-service bank accounts by January 1, 2016 and every accountholder will have an electronic payment access point within 15 minutes of walk.
4. The union government recently launched the nation’s first comprehensive adolescent health programme which will focus on adolescent sexual health. The programme has been named as___?
[A]Rastriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram
[B]Rastriya Sampoorna Swasthya Karyakram
[C]Rastriya Kishor Evam Bal Swasthaya Yojana
[D]National Adolescent Mission
Rastriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram
The government launched the nation’s first comprehensive adolescent health programme named Rastriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram, which will include a sharp focus on adolescent’s sexual health. The programme envisions that all adolescent in India are able to realize their full potential by making informed and responsible decisions related to their health and well-being.
5. The Reunion Island is a small French island located in the _____
Reunion Island is a small French island in the Indian Ocean, near Mauritius. The Indian-origin population comprises 45 percent of the people on the island that has a population of over 837,000 inhabitants.
6. Bankapura Peacock Sanctuary, which is only the second sanctuary in the country that is exclusively engaged in the conservation of peacocks, is located in ___?
Bankapura Peacock Sanctuary is inside the Bankapura Fort in Bankapura in Haveri district of Karnataka. This sanctuary is the only second sanctuary in the country that is exclusively engaged in the conservation and breeding of peacocks.
7. The “Yellow rust” is a dreaded disease of wheat caused by ____?
[D]Virus & Fungus
Yellow rust is a fungal disease which turns crop’s leaves into yellowish colour and stops the photosynthesis activity. It is a dreaded disease of wheat which can cause tremendous losses in yield.
8. The Prime Minister of which country will be the chief guest at this year’s India’s Republic Day parade?
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is to be chief guest at this year’s Republic Day parade. It is the first time that a Japanese Prime Minister is to be chief guest at India’s Republic Day parade.
9. Who among the following has become the first woman to chair United Sates Central Bank (Federal Reserve)?
The US Senate confirmed Janet Yellen as the new leader of the Federal Reserve, marking the first time a woman has headed the world’s most powerful central bank. Yellen, will replace current chairman Ben Bernanke, who steps down on January 31 after eight years in the job.
10. The Registan Desert is located in which of the following countries?
The Registan Desert is an extremely arid plateau region located between Helmand and Kandahar provenances in south-western Afghanistan.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|