GK & Current Affairs: January 15, 2015
1. The prestigious “Vyas Samman award for the Year-2014” will be awarded to ___?
[B]Kamal Kishore Goyanka
[C]G S Shivarudrappa
Kamal Kishore Goyanka
Eminent Hindi litterateur Kamal Kishore Goyanka has been chosen for the prestigious Vyas Samman award for the year 2014. He has been chosen for this award for his research work “Premachand Kee Kahaniyo Kaa Kaalkramanusar Adhyayan”.
2. The “Indira Paryaavaran Bhavan”, India’s first Net Zero Energy building is located in which city?
Indira Paryavaran Bhavan, India’s first net zero energy consumption building is in New Delhi. The building is constructed in such a way that it can meet its most of its annual energy requirement through solar power. The net zero energy building is a structure with zero net energy consumption where the total amount of energy used in the premises on an annual basis is more or less equal to the amount of renewable energy created on the site.
3. Which one of the following is the slogan of the Vistara airline which commissioned its operation, recently?
[A]Now Everyone Can Fly
[B]Fly the New Feelings
[C]A Great Way to Fly
[D]One World One Flight
Fly the New Feelings
4. According to New World Wealth report, the number of High Net worth Individuals is highest in which one of the following religions?
Christians dominate the list of high net worth individuals, according to the report by New World Wealth report. Christians followed by Muslims and Hindu. As per the report the total wealth held by Christians stood at $ 107,280 billion, which account for over 55 per cent of worldwide health, followed by Muslims at the second place with wealth of $ 11,335 billion (5.8 per cent) and Hindu with wealth of $ 6,505 billion (3.3 per cent).
5. The Ken River flows through which of the following two states?
[A]Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra
[B]Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh
[C]Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh
[D]Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh
6. Who among the following has been selected for the “Social Media Person of the Year” award?
Amitabh Bachchan has been named Social Media Person of the Year by the Internet and Mobile Association of India.
7. Which among the following books is not authored by writer-cum-politician Shashi Tharoor?
[A]The Great Indian Novel
[B]The Five Dollar Smile and Other Stories
[D]The Blue Mountain
The Blue Mountain
8. Bhakti Sharma, who is in news recently, is associated with ____?
Bhakti Sharma is open water swimming champion. Recently, she set a world record by swimming 1.4 miles in 52 minutes in one degree temperature in the Antarctic Ocean. She became the first Indian woman to and also the first Asian to achieve this feat.
9. Recently, Indian railway has flagged off the first Compressive Natural Gas (CNG) based trains in which state?
India’s first CNG based two trains were flagged off from Haryana’s Rewari station. The trains will run between Rewari-Rohtak and Rewari to Bikaner section. These trains based on the dual fuel system- diesel and CNG will reduce greenhouse gas emission and also the consumption of diesel.
10. Which among the following banks has bagged the “MSME Banking Excellence Awards-2014”?
Corporation bank has won the MSME Banking Excellence Awards-2014. The bank bagged two awards under the categories Best MSME Bank award for other bank and Best Bank award. The awards were instituted by Chamber of Indian Micro Small and Medium Enterprises.