GK & Current Affairs: September 1, 2, 2014
1. Which of the following wildlife sanctuaries is all set to become the second home of Asiatic lions, which are only found in Gujarat’s Gir National Park?
[A]Kuno Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary
[B]Bori Wildlife Sanctuary
[C]Gomarda Wildlife Sanctuary
[D]Sanjay Dubri Wildlife Sanctuary
Kuno Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary
Kuno Palpur Wildlife Sanctuary is based at MP’s Sheopur district and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the country.
2. Who among the following was not awarded the Fields Medal for Mathematics, 2014?
[D] Lars Ahlfors
The Fields Medal, officially known as International Medal for Outstanding Discoveries in Mathematics, is awarded to up to four mathematicians not over 40 years of age at each International Congress of the International Mathematical Union (IMU) which is held every four years.
3. Which new method has been developed by Japan to detect Ebola virus in collaboration with Eiken Chemicals?
4. Which two Indian buildings have won the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage Award 2014?
[A] Esplanade House, Mumbai and Shri Sakhargad Nivasini Devi Temple Complex, Satara
[B]Hill Forts, Rajasthan and Jantar Mantar, Jaipur
[C]Mahabodhi Temple, Gaya and Sun Temple, Konark
[D]Rani-ki-Vav, Gujarat and Mahabodhi Temple, Gaya
Esplanade House, Mumbai and Shri Sakhargad Nivasini Devi Temple Complex, Satara
5. What is the name of the new plan launched by PM Tony Abott for increased student exchange programs between India and Australia?
[A]New Perth Plan
[B]New South Wales Plan
[C]New Sydney Plan
[D]New Colombo Plan
New Colombo Plan
New Colombo Plan was launched by PM Abott on September 04, 2014 in Mumbai during his two-day visit to India. The plan will come into effect from the next academic session. It will involve various scholarships, internships etc.
6. Who will lead Indian Hockey Team for women in Asian Games 2014?
Ritu Rani is a midfielder and will lead the Women’s team at the Inchon Games, South Korea
7. Which place has been announced as the new capital for Andhra Pradesh?
8. The first state in India to launch a Health Adalat is __?
9. The venue of 2014 Internet Governance Forum is __?
The Internet Governance Forum for multi-stakeholder policy dialogue on Internet governance convened by United Nations Secretary General to carry out mandate from the WSIS is being held at Istanbul. The forum concluded on September 5.
10. Consider the following statements: 1. Amphibians are found in both aquatic and terrestrial habitats 2. There are no true marine amphibians Which among the above is / are correct statements?
[C]Both 1 & 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
Both 1 & 2
Amphibians are found in both aquatic and terrestrial habitats but there are no true marine amphibians.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|