GK & Current Affairs: January 14, 2015
1. Which among the following has won the Federation Cup Football Tournament 2014-15?
[D]Shillong Lajong FC
2. Who among the following has been voted as 2014 “Asian Tour Players’ Player of the year”?
Indian professional golfer Anirban Lahiri, who currently plays on the Asian Tour, has been voted the 2014 Asian Tour Players’ Player of the year.
3. ‘Maati Ke Rang’, a national culture festival, has been organised in which one of the following northeast states, recently?
Maati Ke Rang, a national cultural festival was kick started at Dimapur, Nagaland on January 13. The festival was organised by the Union ministry of culture’s North East Zone Cultural Centre (NEZCC) for the first time in the northeast. The five-day extravaganza will showcase the cultural diversity of the country. Artists from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Myanmar will also take part in the event. The previous editions were held in Panchkula, Haryana (2012), and Nagpur, Maharashtra, (2013).
4. The International Year of Light 2015 is an initiative that aims to raise awareness about the breakthroughs in light science is adopted by___?
IYL 2015 is a project of United Nations that aims to raise awareness about the breakthroughs in light science and its applications and its importance to humankind.
5. Who among the following is the new chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation?
[B]A S Kiran Kumar
A S Kiran Kumar
A S Kiran Kumar has been appointed as new secretary of the department of space and also chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the space commission.
6. Who among the following has been named as the “Governor of the Year” in the Central Banking Awards for 2015?
[A]Jacques de Larosiere
Reserve Bank of India governor Raghuram Rajan has been named as the Governor of the Year in the central banking journal award for 2015. This is the recognition of the part of RBI and its staff have been playing in bringing macroeconomic stability to the Indian economy.
7. Recently, Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha has become the first Hindu chief justice of which one of the Muslim major countries?
Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha has been appointed as Chief Justice of Bangladesh. Sinha became the first Hindu to hold highest judicial post in the Muslim-majority country.
8. Recently, Idukki has become the first district in the country to have high speed rural broadband network. Idukki district is in which state?
Idukki is a district in Kerala state. It has become the first district in the country to have high speed Rural Broadband Network i.e. National Optical Fibre Network internet connectivity. In Idukki, 8 block offices and 52 village panchayat out of 53 will benefit from this project.
9. The winner’s of FIFA Ballon d’Or award for 2014 in men and women category, respectively _____?
[A]Manuel Neuer and Nadine Kessler
[B]Cristiano Ronaldo and Nadine Kessler
[C]Lionel Messi and Abby Wambach
[D]Cristiano Ronaldo and Abby Wambach
Cristiano Ronaldo and Nadine Kessler
Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo and Germany midfielder Nadine Kessler are the winners of the FIFA Ballon d’Or award for 2014 in men and women category respectively.
10. Lima, the host of United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP20 or COP10, is the capital of which country?
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »