GK & Current Affairs: October 11, 12, 2014
1. Who among the following has been honoured with Dadabhai Naoroji Award for Culture by the UK government?
Madhav Sharma has been awarded the first-ever Dadabhai Naoroji Award for Culture by the UK government. The new awards are dedicated to Dadabhai Naoroji as the first Asian member of the British Parliament and the man who brought the first Indian business to the UK.
2. Which player has won the European Golden Boot Award 2014?
Luis Suarez from Barcelona Club has won the European Golden Boot Award 2014 as he was the top scorer of Europe in 2013 season
3. Who has won the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award 2014 for Biological Science?
[A]Dr. Kavirayani Ramakrishna Prasad
[B]Dr. Roop Mallik
[C]Dr. S Venkata Mohan
[D]Dr. Anurag Agrawal
Dr. Roop Mallik
Dr. Roop Mallik of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai has won the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award for Biological Sciences. The awards were announced by Director General of CSIR during the 72nd Foundation day celebrations of CSIR in New Delhi.
4. What was the slogan for Asian Games held at Incheon 2014?
[A]Diversity Shines Here
[B]Green, Clean and Friendship
[C]We Cheer, We Share, We Win
[D]The Games of your life
Diversity Shines Here
Diversity Shines Here was the slogan for Incheon Asian Games 2014. The 2018 Asian Games will be hosted by Indonesia.
5. Who among the following has designed the logo and gave slogan of the campaign “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”?
[A]Anant and Bhagyashree
[C]D Udaya Kumar
Anant and Bhagyashree
Anant from Maharashtra and Bhagyashree from Gujarat, had designed the logo of the campaign (Gandhi’s spectacles) and the slogan “Ek Kadam Swachhata Ki Or” respectively.
6. Under the new NATO mission Resolute Support, US Army will give training and support to which country’s army to fight extremism?
Under the new NATO mission Resolute Support, US Army will give training and support to Afghan army to fight against Taliban.
7. Who has been conferred the 2014 Liberty Medal?
Malala Yousafzai received the 2014 Liberty Medal for her fight for children’s right to education at the National Constitution Center.It is awarded annually to men and women of exceptional courage and conviction who have strived to secure blessings of liberty to people across the world.
8. Duleep Cup is associated with which among the following Sports?
Duleep Cup is the domestic first class competition in cricket which is played in India between teams which represent different zones of the country. It is named after Kumar Shri Duleepsinghji also known as Duleep. It started in 1961-62 season.
9. G. Sathiyan has jumped to No.1 spot in the National rankings list. Which game does he represent?
G.Sathiyan has recently jumped to No.1 position in the national rankings list of Table Tennis. The 21-year old from Chennai had won his first major national title in New Delhi this year.
10. When is the raising day for Indo Tibetan Border Police Force observed in the year?
Indo Tibetan Border Police Force was raised on October 24, 1062. It is deployed on border guarding duties from the Karakoram Pass in Ladakh to Jachep La in Arunachal Pradesh, covering 3488 kms of the Indo-China border.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »