GK & Current Affairs: October 9, 10, 2014
1. Who has been recently sworn-in as the new Indonesian President?
[A]Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
Joko Widodo has been appointed as the new Indonesian President. Widodo comes from a humble background as he was brought up in a Javan slum and is the first President of the world’s most populous nation to not to have emerged from the elite political class or an army general.
2. Consider the following statements with respect to the recently launched Jammu and Kashmir Arogya Gram Yojana:
1. CSIR has selected five varieties of lemon grass to be made available to local farmers
2. 500 villages of Jammu & Ladakh are to be covered
3. Central government will spend and initial amount of Rs. 25 crore on the scheme
Which among the above is / are correct statements?
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1 & 3
[C]Only 2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
Only 1 & 3
Under the scheme, 1000 villages of Kathua, Jammu and Udhampur will be covered.
3. Which country of Africa which was highly affected by Ebola has been declared ebola-free by WHO?
WHO has declared Nigeria free of Ebola after a prolonged battle against the fata disease. Nigeria had reported 20 cases and 8 deaths.
4. Which of the following countries has recently launched “Gandhi Inspired Tourist Attraction project”?
South African Tourism has launched a Gandhi-Inspired Tourist Attraction project under which 13 places that were notable in Gandhiji’s lifetime in South Africa. A webpage related to Gandhiji was also launched by the government.
5. Union Cabinet has approved a MoU to upgrade Chabahar port. India will set up a JV company and operate the port for 10 years through a leasing agreement. Where is Chabahar port located?
The Union Cabinet approved an inter-governmental MoU with Iran to develop Chabahar port.
6. Who among the following is the youngest person to have reached the Mount Everest base camp at the age of 5 years?
Harshit Saumitra from New Delhi reached the Everest Base Camp 5364m thus becoming the first person to do so. It took him 10 days to complete the trek of 62 kms many parts of which were covered with 5-7 inch snow.
7. Government of India has decided to dedicate year 2015-16 to which of the following?
[A]Water Conservation Year
[B]Nuclear Energy Year
[C]Year of Clean India
[D]Year of Digital India
Water Conservation Year
Union Government has decided to observe year 2015-16 as the year of water conservation. Cooperation of state governments, NGOs, Civil society, etc will be sought to conserve water.
8. Who has been awarded as the best Central Bank Governor of the Year award 2014?
RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan has been awarded the best Central Bank Governor of the Year award by Euromoney. He was acclaimed for his tough monetary policy decisions
9. Which country has won the Sultan of Johor Cup under-19 hockey title 2014?
India has won the Sultan of Johor under-19 hockey title 2014 by defeating Great Britain at Malaysia. It defeated the team 2-1.
10. Egypt has signed contracts with six international firms for dredging of Suez Canal. Which of the following is not among the six firms?
[A]National Marine Dredging Company of UAE
[B]Royal Boskalis Westminster of Netherlands
[C]Deme Group Belgium
[D]All of the above
All of the above
Egypt has signed contracts with six international firms for dredging of Suez Canal. They are: National Marine Dredging Company of UAE; Royal Boskalis Westminster of Netherlands; Deme Group Belgium; Van Oord of the Netherlands; Jan de Nul Group of Belgium and Great Lakes Dredge and Dock company of US.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|