GK & Current Affairs: July 23, 24, 2014
1. What is the minimum number of employees is a firm covered by the retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) for providing social security net?
Firms employing 20 or more than workers are covered by the retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) for providing social security net.
2. India’s Prakash Nanjappa, is associated with which of the following sports/events?
Prakash Nanjappa is an Indian shooter who competes in the 10 metre air pistol and 50 metre air pistol events. He won the silver medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
3. Jayadhar Cotton, is a popular variety of cotton grown mainly in the rain-fed areas of ____?
Jayadhar cotton is a popular variety in the rain-fed areas of north Karnataka. It is a rabi crop predominantly grown in Dharwad, Gadag and Haveri districts, and part of Bellary and Koppal. Unlike other varieties, it is mixed crop grown with chillies and onion and among other crops.
4. Who among the following has been appointed as Horticulture ambassador of Maharashtra, recently?
[A]Shah Rukh Khan
Amitabh Bachchan has been appointed as the horticulture ambassador of Maharashtra. Bachchan will promote the horticulture sector in Maharashtra which is India’s largest fruit producing state.
5. The flag bearer for Indian contingent at the opening ceremony of Commonwealth Games 2014 was __ ?
Indian Olympic medallist pistol shooter, Vijay Kumar has been named as the flag bearer for the country during the opening ceremony of 2014 Commonwealth Games.
6. Which country has reported highest number of deaths from Ebola outbreak in recent times?
WHO report says that 1,201 Ebola cases had been reported in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Of the 672 deaths, the highest number was in Guinea with 319, followed by Liberia with 249 and Sierra Leone with 224.
7. Recently, the union government has announced a nationwide scheme “Rashtriya Gokul Mission” to ________?
[A]Protect the indigenous breed of cows
[B]Develop high milk yielding cow breeds
[C]Curb slaughtering of cattle
[D]Eliminate Foot and Mouth disease
Protect the indigenous breed of cows
The centre announced a nationwide scheme “Rashtriya Gokul Mission” to protect the indigenous breeds of cows and set aside Rs 150 crore for it during the current financial year. Under the scheme a number of integrated indigenous cattle centres (Gokul Grams) will be set up to improve milk productivity.
8. The Part X of the Indian constitution deals with ____?
[B]Scheduled & Tribal areas
[C]Relation between Union & States
Scheduled & Tribal areas
Part X (Article 244, 244A) deals with Scheduled and Tribal areas.
9. Kishenpur wildlife sanctuary is located in _______?
10. The Paduvalapaya and Mudalapaya are classification of which form of dance?
Yakshagana has been broadly classified into Mudalapaya (the custom of the east) and Paduvalapaya (the custom of the west).