GK & Current Affairs: July 25, 26, 2014
1. Which among the following three countries of Africa have recently decided to create a regional force to combat Militant Islamist group Boko Haram?
[A]Chad, Niger and Cameroon
[B]Chad, Kenya and Niger
[C]Kenya, Cameroon and Niger
[D]Niger, Chad and Cameroon
Chad, Niger and Cameroon
The defence ministers of Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad and Niger states have pledged to create a 2,800 strong regional force to combat against militant Islamist group Boko Haram. Each country would contribute 700 troops to the force.
2. Sovaldi drug is used in the treatment of __ ?
Sovaldi is a drug developed by Gilead used to treat Hepatitis C infection. Sovaldi can effectively cure hepatitis in 90 percent of patients.
3. Dhangar community, a nomadic tribe primarily located in the state of ____?
The Dhangar are a herding caste of people primarily located in the state of Maharashtra.
4. Recently, the Finance ministry has decided to go in OFS route to sell its stake in the state-owned companies. What does the OFS stands for _____?
[A]Opportunity for Sale
[B]Offer for Sale
[C]Offer for Stockholdings
[D]Open for Sale
Offer for Sale
5. The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), is a trade and investment agreement under negotiation between the _____?
[A]EU and US
[B]EU and India
[C]WTO and India
[D]EU and China
EU and US
The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), is a trade and investment agreement under negotiation between the European Union and US.
6. Recently, the realty show based on classical music “Naad Bhed-The Mystery of Sound” has been selected by the Limca Book of records. Naad Bhed is a first of its kind national-level reality television show in the country on classical music aired by __?
Naad Bhed is being organised to popularise classical arts. Doordharshan is broadcasting the performances across the country.
7. Every year the Nobel prizes other than the Peace Prize are awarded at__?
The Peace prize is awarded in Oslo, while the other prizes are awarded in Stockholm, Sweden.
8. With reference to the Gaza Blockade, the Palestinian National Authority (PNA) was set up to govern Palestinian areas of West Bank and Gaza was established by which among the following accords?
Under the 1993 Oslo Accords between the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and Israel, a Palestinian National Authority (PNA) was set up to govern Palestinian areas of West Bank and Gaza. In 2005, Israel withdrew its forces and settlers from Gaza.
9. Recently, it was reported in the news that weak monsoon may reduce the Kharif output. Which among the following is not a Kharif crop?
10. Who among the following is the current Chair of the Federal Reserve, United States?