GK & Current Affairs: November 19-21, 2014
1. Which among the following is a movie inspired by the Arab Spring?
[A] Scream of the ants
[B] The President
[C] The Silence
[D] Desert Rose
The 45th International Film Festival began at Goa with the screening of the movie “The President”, by famous Iranian director Mohsen Makhmalbaf. The film was inspired by the Arab Spring.
2. Henrik Stenson, Rory Mcllroy, Justine Rose and Jamie Donaldson are the famous players of __?
Golf. All the three players are famous golfers. They all were part of the World Tour Golf Championship at Dubai at Jumeirah Golf states.
3. Which world leader will be the Chief guest for the India’s Republic Day celebrations in 2015?
US President Barack Obama will be the Chief Guest for the Republic Day celebrations for year 2015. He will be the first US President to grace the occasion as Chief Guest.
4. Which among the following banks has won the Custodian of the Year 2014 award?
[A]Royal Bank of Scotland
[D]Bank of England
Deutsche Bank won Custodian of the Year 2014 award. The award aims to identify the best companies in custody, fund administration and technology across Europe.
5. What is the new name of the Rural Electrification scheme approved to ensure longer and uninterrupted power supply to rural areas?
[A]Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana
[B]Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
[C]Indira Gandhi Rural Electrification Scheme
[D]Deendayal Upadhyaya Rural Electrification Scheme
Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
Government approved Rs 43,033-crore rural electrification scheme Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana. The scheme will replace the existing Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY).
6. What is the name of India’s first aircraft carrier which has slipped into history as scrapping of the same has set-in?
The scrapping of India’s first aircraft carrier has begun as the scrapping of the same has begun. It was built for the Royal Navy as HMS Hercules in 1943 and acquired by India in 1957. The carrier played a forward role in Indo-Pak war in 1971.
7. Who has won the World Chess Championship 2014?
Magnus Carlsen has retained the World Chess Championship title after defeating Vishwanathan Anand in 11th game at Sochi, Russia.
8. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of UPSC?
[D]David R. Syiemlieh
Deepak Gupta a former Haryana cadre IAS officer is appointed as the new UPSC Chairman. He has replaced Rajni Razdan. He is the first non-UPSC member to be appointed as UPSC chairman.
9. Which country has recently won the Davis Cup title for the first time?
Switzerland has defeated France 3-1 to win its first ever title of Davis Cup 2014. Switzerland is the fourteenth nation to win the Davis Cup.
10. Who has won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix & Formula One title 2014?
Lewis Hamilton has won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Formula One title 2014. It is Hamilton’s eleventh win of the season, and he takes the crown by 67 points from Nico Rosberg.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|