GK & Current Affairs: November 4-6, 2014
1. India’s Drug Technical Advisory Committee has recently waived-off the clinical tests of two drugs Aflibercept and Trastuzumab emtansine. These drugs are used for the treatment of __?
The two drugs Aflibercept and Trastuzumab emtansine used in treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer and metastatic breast cancer respectively. The government’s topmost advisory panel has waived off clinical trials on Indian patients to cater unmet medical needs.
2. Who has been named as the captain of the ICC Test Team of the Year 2014?
[A]Mahender Singh Dhoni
Angelo Mathews the captain of Sri Lankan cricket team was named as the captain of the ICC Test Team of the Year 2014.
3. Who has been chosen as the captain of ICC ODI Team of the Year 2014?
[A]Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on 5 November 2014 was named as the captain of ICC ODI Team of the Year 2014. He has been selected in the ICC ODI team of the year for the eight time.
4. Which among the following is NOT strictly related to environment, climate change or biodiversity?
[A]Bali action plan
[B]Hyogo Framework of Action
Hyogo Framework of Action
The Hyogo Framework of Action (HFA) adopted by national governments of 68 countries with an overarching goal to build resilience of nations and communities to disasters by 2015 offers five areas of priority action and guiding principles.
5. Which among the following is India’s largest potato producing state?
6. The Tishyarakshit Chatterjee was related to __?
[B]Illegal Mining in Goa
[C]Inviolate Forest Areas
[D]Conservation of Eastern Himalayas
Inviolate Forest Areas
Tishyarakshit Chatterjee committee was to formulate objective parameters for identification of inviolate forest areas.
7. Approximately, what fraction of total coal production in the world is shared by India?
According to the International Energy Agency, in 2013 India was a net importer of 178 million tonnes of coal. Domestic output accounted for 613 million tonnes, i.e. 7.8% of global coal production.
8. Who among the following headed the Supreme Court constituted committee on government advertisements?
[A]N R Madhava Menon
[B]T K Viswanathan
N R Madhava Menon
9. Which among the following animals is known as natural host of the Ebola virus?
[B]Dogs and Pigs
Fruit bats of the Pteropodidae family are considered to be the natural host of the Ebola virus. Bats are local delicacies in Guinea which appear to be the main agent for the Ebola outbreak. The Health Ministry of Guinea has banned the sale and consumption of bats to prevent the spread of deadly Ebola virus.It is introduced into the human population through close contact through with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected animals. The virus is transmitted to people from wild animals (process known as zoonosis) such as Gorillas, Chimpanzees, Fruit Bats, Monkeys, Forest antelope and Porcupines.
10. In which year Financial Action Task Force was established?
Financial Action Task Force is an inter-governmental body established in 1989. Its objective is to set standards and promote effective implementation of legal, regulatory and operational measures for combating money laundering, terrorist financing and other related threats to the integrity of the international financial system. India was granted full-fledged membership (34th Member) in 2010.