GK & Current Affairs: January 1 & 2, 2015
1. The union government has replaced the Planning commission, which will now be called as NITI Aayog. Who among the following will be the chairman of the new institute?
Prime Minister will be the chairperson of the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog. NITI Aayog to have a governing council comprising all chief ministers and lieutenant governors.
2. Recently, which country has launched successfully launched a new meteorological satellite called Fengyun-II 08?
Fengyun-II 08, is a China’s new meteorological satellite that was launched from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in Sichuan province in the country’s southwest. The newly launched satellite is expected to collect meteorological, maritime and hydrological data, while also transmitting information that will be useful to forecast weather and monitor environmental changes.
3. Who among the following is the chairman of the committee that submitted its report on rail fare hike, recently?
[C]D K Mittal
[D]A K Ojha
D K Mittal
D K Mittal is the chairman of the committee that was formed to suggest ways and means to raise the revenue of Indian Railways. The committee has submitted its report to Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu. A hike in passenger train fares, particularly in suburban service, and increase in the minimum distance to be covered in passenger and express trains are some of the recommendations made by the committee.
4. Recently, which among the following became the latest country to join Euro currency zone?
Lithuania has become the 19th member of euro currency zone.
5. The Chandyan village, where the remnants of late Harappan period house have been discovered recently is located in __?
Chandyan Village is in Baghpat district of Uttar Pradesh. The Archaeological Survey of India, during its excavation has found remnants of house that belongs to Harappan period.
6. At present, which of the following states have Legislative Councils? 1. Andhra Pradesh 2. Bihar 3. Jammu and Kashmir 4. Karnataka 5. Assam Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2, & 3
[B]Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 3, 4 & 5
[D]1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Only 1, 2, 3 & 4
There are Legislative Councils in Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Karnataka, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh and Telangana. The union cabinet has recently cleared a proposal of setting up of Legislative Council in Assam.
7. As per the latest report, which one of the following states of India has world’s highest number of conflict induced internally displaced persons in the world?
As per the report prepared by Asian Centre for Human Rights Assam had the highest conflict induced internally displaced persons in the world during the year 2014. There are over 3,00,000 internally displaced persons in Assam, which is the highest in the world during 2014.
8. Vasant Gowrikar, who passed away recently, was a famous personality in which field?
Vasant Gowrikar was a space veteran and eminent scientist. He was the chief of Indian Space Research Organisation in 1991-1993. His contribution to Indian space technology is immeasurable. Gowrikar was the recipient of Padma Shri in 1984 and Padma Bhushan in 2008.
9. The Dongaria Kondh, one of India’s vulnerable tribal groups is found in which state?
10. As per the RBI guidelines, what is the minimum paid-up equity capital for small finance banks?
[A]Rs. 100 Crore
[B]Rs. 200 Crore
[C]Rs. 300 Crore
[D]Rs. 500 Crore
Rs. 100 Crore