GK & Current Affairs: December 30, 31, 2014
1. PEGIDA, is an ongoing anti-Islamization movement concentrating in which country?
PEGIDA or Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamization of the West” is a German political movement based in Dresden. It has been organizing public demonstrations since October 2014, against what it considers to be the Islamization of Europe.
2. As per the latest survey, which among the following is the most expensive office location in the world?
[A]Connaught Place, Delhi
[B]London West End’s
[C]Bandra-Kurla Complex, Mumbai
[D]Hong Kong Central
London West End’s
London West End is the world’s most expensive office location in the world according to a semi-annual survey by CBRE, a leading commercial real estate services and investment firm. Connaught Place, Delhi’s central business district (CBD) has been ranked the sixth most expensive prime office market in the world.
3. Recently, the National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) has got president assent. The NJAC will comprise of: 1. Chief Justice of India 2. Two senior judges of Supreme Court 3. Two eminent personalities 4. The Prime minister and the law minister Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 3
[B]Only 1, 3, & 4
[C]Only 1, 2 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
Only 1, 2 & 3
The National Judicial Appointment Commission has got President’s assent. With this the old collegiums system of appointing judges is a thing of past. The NJAC will be headed by the Chief Justice of India. The other members of the commission are two senior judges of the Supreme Court, two eminent personalities and the law minister.
4. Kei Perenna Hoi Ting, who has been named as world’s youngest billionaire is from which country?
Kei Perenna Hoi Ting is a Chinese woman. Ting, daughter of Ji Haipeng, Chairman and CEO of Chinese real estate developer Logan Property, is a non-executive director of the firm and holds 85% stakes in it worth $ 1,3 billion. She has become the world’s youngest billionaire, replacing Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz.
5. The “Mount Cook” is the tallest peak of which country?
The Mount Cook is the tallest peak in New Zealand. The mountain is 3,724 meters high.
6. Which among the following services is/are currently providing by Post offices?
1. Saving account
2. Recurring deposits
3. Fixed deposits
4. Public Provident Fund Account
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1, 2 & 3
[B]Only 2, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 3 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
7. World’s first Mangrove zoo is coming up in which one of the following states of India?
The World’s first mangrove zoo is coming up in West Bengal. West Bengal government has allotted Rs.25 crore for setting up the mangrove zoo in the state. The move is a bid to conserve the endangered flora and fauna of the Sunderbans, the world’s largest mangrove forest.
8. The “Project-75” of the Indian Navy’s is related to construction and design of __?
[B]Anti Ship missiles
[C]Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
The Project-75 of Indian Navy is related to construction of six submarines and transfer of technology through a tie-up between India and French firm DCNS.
9. Which among the following space agencies has planned to launch the “Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP)” instrument to measure soil moisture on Earth?
[C]European Space Agency
[D]Russian Space Agency
NASA has planned to launch a new remote sensing instrument called SMAP that will measure the soil moisture on Earth. The Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP) instrument scheduled for launch on January 29, 2015.
10. The Sukinda Chromite mine is located in _____?
Sukinda Chromite mine is located in Odisha state. The chromite mines in Sukinda possesses one of the largest chrome ore reserves in Odisha.