GK & Current Affairs: December 1-3, 2014
1. India is to observe Good Governance Day on the birthday of __?
[B]Atal Bihari Vajpayee
[C]Shyama Prasad Mukherjee
[D]Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Government will observe national ‘Good Governance Day’ on the birthday of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee i.e. 25th December each year.
2. Deodhar Trophy is associated with __?
3. The Kourou space port is located in __?
[D]British Virgin Islands
India’s multi-band communication satellite GSAT-16 was successfully put on a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO) by the European launcher Ariane 5 VA221, from the Kourou space port in French Guiana. It is configured to carry a total of 48 communication transponders, the largest number of transponders carried by a communication satellite developed by ISRO the so far.
4. First Lok Adalat of India was held in which among the following states?
5. Which among the following is the world’s largest company by market capitalization?
Apple Inc. is the world’s largest company by market capitalisation.
6. Recently, WTO adopted the first worldwide trade reform in its history. These reforms are related to ___?
[A]Subsidies and Fair Trade Practices
[B]Customs checks and border procedures
[C]Tariff and Nontariff Barriers
[D]None of them
Customs checks and border procedures
WTO will introduce new standards for customs checks and border procedures.
7. Recently, RBI has introduced the concept of ‘niche banking’ in India. Which among the following is most correct statement about this?
[A]Niche banking is for ultra high net worth banking individuals
[B]Niche banking is related to opening branches in remote villages
[C]Niche banking involves mobile firms and supermarket chains
[D]None of the above is a correct statement
Niche banking involves mobile firms and supermarket chains
RBI introduces the concept of ‘niche banking’ in India, by allowing mobile firms and supermarket chains, among others, to enter the banking arena and cater to individuals and small businesses.
8. Recently, OVL (ONGC Videsh Limited) has become the first domestic firm in the oil and gas sector to win a 12 year permit to explore offshore for oil and gas in the Taranaki basin. This basin is located in __?
9. Recently, SBI has launched the SBI Composite Index to track activities related to __?
[A]Banking & Finance
[D]None of them
SBI has launched the SBI Composite Index to track manufacturing activity in India. This Index will be built based on SBI’s internal loan portfolio as the largest lender in India and additionally on data such as mining activity, interests, commodity prices, and other key economic indicators that are available in the public domain. It will be published on a monthly basis, and will track possible trends that can be seen in official estimates, two months in advance.
10. Which among the following stock exchanges is largest in the world in terms of number of firms listed with it?
[A]New York Stock Exchange
[B]Bombay Stock Exchange
[C]Tokyo Stock Exchange
[D]Shanghai Stock Exchange
Bombay Stock Exchange
The Bombay Stock Exchange’s total market capitalization surpassed the Rs. 100 lakh crore trillion mark. This sets a new record in terms of market wealth of all listed firms. BSE is among the world’s 10 largest exchanges in terms of market value, and it is the largest in the world in terms of number of firms listed with it.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|