GK & Current Affairs: December 15-19, 2014
1. Rolene Strauss, who has been crowned as the 64th Miss World-2014, represents which one of the following countries?
Rolene Strauss representing South Africa has been crowned as the 64th Miss World in 2014.
2. Palkonda Hills are a range of hills that form a structural part of ____?
Palkonda Hills are a range of hills that form a part of the Eastern Ghats in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Meaning “milk hills”, they run along a northwest to southeast direction, culminating at the pilgrimage centre of Tirupati.
3. Jaduguda mine in Jharkhand is famous for _____?
Jaduguda Mine has the distinction of being the first Uranium Mine of the country where mining operations began in 1967.
4. Which among the following countries has won the Kabaddi World Cup-2014?
The Indian men’s team continued their winning streak by clinching the fifth Kabaddi World Cup title by defeating Pakistan 45-42 for the fourth time.
5. Which of the following states is/are have 100 per cent bank accounts in every household? 1. Gujarat 2. Kerala 3. Madhya Pradesh 4. Goa Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 2 & 4
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 2, 3 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
Gujarat has become the fourth state after Kerala, Madhya Pradesh and Goa to achieve 100% target of opening bank accounts in each household under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
6. Recently, which among the following neighbour countries of India has become the associate member state of CERN?
Pakistan became an associate member of CERN, the world’s top particle physics lab for nuclear research, allowing the nuclear-armed country to have more access to the Swiss-based facility’s research.
7. Currently, from which of the following countries India has been importing uranium? 1. Russia 2. Kazakhstan 3. Australia 4. USA Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1 & 3
[C]Only 1, 3 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
Only 1 & 2
8. In a first of it kind’s world standards Global Artist Village has been coming up in which one of the following states?
Kerala Lalithakala Akademi has drawn up an ambitious plan to set up the Global Artist Village, of global standards in Kannur District. Artists from the country and across the globe can come, stay and work together at the proposed facility.
9. Which among the following will be the venue for the Nineteenth summit of ‘South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation’ (SAARC) will be held in 2016?
10. Recently, India has signed a first APA agreement with Japanese company. What does APA stands for?
[A]Advance Pricing Agreement
[B]Advance Perform Agreement
[C]Advance Purchase Agreement
[D]Advance Procure Agreement
Advance Pricing Agreement
India signed its first bilateral advance pricing agreement (APA) marking an important step in the country’s attempts to provide a predictable transfer pricing regime, an issue that has fetched India tax authorities bad name world over. The APA signed by the Central Board of Direct Taxes with a Japanese company is valid for five years. “This is India’s first bilateral APA. The APA is for a period of five years”.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|