GK & Current Affairs: June 29 & 30, 2014
1. Recently, Pankaj Advani created the history by becoming the first player in the world to win titles in the long and shorter formats of both billiards and snookers. The championship was held in ___?
Indian cueist Pankaj Advani created the history by becoming the first player in the world to win titles in the long and shorter formats of both billiards and snookers by pocketing the IBSF World 6- Red Snooker Championship, in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt.
2. Which among the following cities has won the “best city award” at the CNBC Awaaz Travel awards 2014?
Kochi has won the best city award at the CNBC Awaz Travel award 2014. The award has been given by news channel CNBC Awaaz based on the study conducted by the news channel across multimedia platform.
3. Recently, Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik won the People’s Choice prize at the World Cup of Sand Sculpting-2014 in US. He won prize for his work ____?
[A]Save Tree, Enrich Green
[B]Save Tree, Save the Future
[C]Save Water, Save the Future
[D]Save Water, Save the Life
Save Tree, Save the Future
Famous Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has win the People’s Choice prize at the World Cup of Sand Sculpting-2014 in US for his work Save Tree, Save the Future. This is first sand art world cup at USA 2014. More than twenty international sand artist from across the world participated in the event.
4. Who among the following will be honoured with the “Legion of France” one of the highest civilian awards of France?
[A]Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan
Actor Shah Rukh Khan would be honoured with the “Legion of France” one of the highest civilian awards of France. Shah Rukh Khan will be the second Bollywood actor to receive the award after Amitab Bacchan who received the same honour in 2007.
5. The Pongong is a disputed territory between India and ___?
6. Which of the following World Heritage Sites and their location is not correct?
[A]Shahr-I Sokhta – Iran
[B]The Grand Canal – China
[C]Tomioka Silk Mill – South Korea
[D]Van Nellefabriek – Netherland
Tomioka Silk Mill
Tomioka Silk Mill and related sites in Japan is an historic sericulture and silk mill complex established in 1872 in the Gunma Prefecture north west of Tokyo. It consists of four sites that attest to the different stages in the production of raw silk: production of cocoons in an experimental farm; a cold storage facility for silkworm eggs; reeling of cocoons and spinning of raw silk in a mill and a school for the dissemination of sericulture knowledge.
7. India’s Saina Nehwal clinched the women’s single title at the Australian Badminton Open Super series by defeating ___?
[D]BAE Yeon Ju
India’s sixth seed Saina Nehwal defeated Spain’s Carolina Marin to won the women’s single at the Australian Badminton Open Super series.
8. The Universal Immunization Programme (UIP) of India consists of vaccination of eight diseases. Which one of the following diseases is not covered under the UIP?
The Universal Immunization Programme is a vaccination programme launched by the Government of India in 1985. The programme consist of vaccination for eight diseases-tuberculosis, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, poliomyelitis, measles, Hepatitis B and Japanese Encephalitis.
9. The AMISOM is an active regional peacekeeping mission operated by African Union in ___?
The African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) is an active, regional peacekeeping mission operated by the African Union with the approval of the United Nations in Somalia.
10. In which of the following countries India has launched year long cultural festival called “Glimpse of India”?
India has unveiled Glimpse of India festival in China as India’s contribution to the “Year of China-India Friendly Exchanges”.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »