Quiz – Current Affairs September 18, 2012
1. Who among the following is recently honoured with ‘ODI Cricketer of the Year’ by the ICC?
2. Recently government has approved sale of its minority stakes in four public sector firms to raise up to Rs 15,000 crore. Which among the following is not one of them?
[B]Oil India Ltd
[C]Hindustan Copper Ltd
[D]Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd (RINL)
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd (RINL)
3. Recently which among the following has successfully test-fired the nuclear-capable Babur cruise missile with a range of 700 km?
4. The India Vision Institute (IVI) has announced the launch of Aksauhini, a strategic plan aimed at excellence in vision care and positioning India as a world leader in global vision industry. The IVI is a/an ___________?
[A]Australia-India joint initiative
[B]Canada-India joint initiative
[C]France-India joint initiative
[D]Germany-India joint initiative
Australia-India joint initiative
Aksauhini intends to set out a road map to meet the gaps in vision care in the country. According to estimates India has one of the largest populations of avoidable blind and visually impaired people in the world, totalling 131 million people. A vast majority of them live in rural areas.
5. The Union Cabinet along with its recent decision to allow 51% FDI in multi-brand retail has also made a mandatory of _______ per cent of the products must be procured from small-scale industries by foreign investors in multi-brand retail sector?
6. K. S. Sudarshan, who recently died (15th September 2012), was related to which among the following organizations?
[A]Vishva Hindu Parishad
[B]Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh
7. Who among the following is the author of the book ‘India Grows at Night : A Liberal Case for A Strong State’?
[C]A. K. Ramanujan
8. Who among the following is the winner of the Yeangder Tournament Players Championship, a golf tournament on the Asian Tour?
9. To minimise the loss of lives of security personnel in the Maoist regions, which among the following State has decided to use DRDO-made robots to detect and defuse explosive devices?
10. With which among the following country, the Exim bank has signed a memorandum of understanding for extending a line of credit of $500 million to that country and also exploring options to set up a branch in that country?
You are not logged into GKToday. Please click below icons to register or login and take this test.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »