Quiz – Current Affairs September 17, 2012
1. Recently which among the following major port has bagged the Major Port of the Year for 2011-12 at the third All-India Maritime and Logistics Awards 2012 (MALA 2012) held in Mumbai?
2. Which among the following institute has fabricated an antenna system which will be installed in India’s base station (Bharti Station) on the icy continent of Antarctica to provide communication link between Bharti Station and National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Shadnagar?
[A]Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
[B]Electronics Corporation of India Ltd (ECIL)
[C]Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
[D]Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
Electronics Corporation of India Ltd (ECIL)
3. Recently who among the following has been elected Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for 2012-2013?
[C]Syed Mahmood Ahmad
4. Who among the following will be the new Prime Minister of Ethiopia after the death of Meles Zenwai?
[A]Mengistu Haile Mariam
[B]Haile Mariam Desalegn
Haile Mariam Desalegn
5. The Indian Design Mark of Indian Design Council is used for ______________?
[A]Only for medical equipment and vehicles
[B]Only for agricultural machinery
[C]Only for white goods
[D]All types of mass-produced products
All types of mass-produced products
6. Who among the following is the head of the recently formed Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) to review the progress of coal blocks that were allocated to private firms without auction?
[C]Pratik Prakashbapu Patil
7. Which among the following has recently published a special international Hindi issue of its prestigious literary magazine “Madhumati” to mark the 9th World Hindi Conference being organised in Johannesburg, South Africa, from September 22 to 24?
[A]West Bengal Sahitya Akademi
[B]Bihar Sahitya Akademi
[C]Rajasthan Sahitya Akademi
[D]Uttar Pradesh Sahitya Akademi
Rajasthan Sahitya Akademi
8. Recently in which among the following country, the ‘SenaHiya’ Military Hospital was inaugurated by Indian Defence Minister Shri A.K. Anthony?
9. Which among the following City is the host for the 13th International Conference on ’Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled Persons’ TRANSED 2012?
10. Pusarla Venkata Sindhu, who is recently in news is a ___________?
Recently Pusarla Venkata Sindhu defeated the 2012 London Olympics gold medallist Li Xuerui in the on going China Masters Super Series tournament
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »