Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 2, 2012
1. Recently India has signed an agreement with which among the following countries for the modernisation of the Indian Railways to make some of the major railway stations in the country of global standards?
Belgian state run companies such as Euro Station and Euro Immostar have vast experience in developing stations. The companies have extensive expertise in transforming historical railway stations into the modern international terminals.
2. Recently India and Israel have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for _________ :
[A]Collaborative Academic Research Programme Agreement
[C]Modernisation of power grid system
[D]Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA)
Collaborative Academic Research Programme Agreement
3. Consider the following Statements:
1.The Haqqani Network is a Islamic militant group which are fighting against the US-led NATO forces.
2.Recently US Senate has passed a Bill to label Haqqani Network as a Foreign Terrorist Organisation.
Which among the Statement(s) given above is/are correct?
[C]Both 1 and 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
Both 1 and 2
The Haqqani Network is a group of Islamic fanatics which have been fighting against US-led NATO forces and the government of Afghanistan to reacquire control over the trouble-torn nation.
4. Where are the headquarters of North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) located ?
5. The ‘Arab League’ is a regional organisation of Arab states in :
[B]North East Africa
[C]South West Asia
[D]All of the above
All of the above
6. Recently India has received its first investment through the Qualified Foreign Investor (QFI) route following the deal struck by ________ worth $5 million.
[B]Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank
7. Aiming to boost Indian manufacturing sector, three more mega industrial zones would be notified by August end. With this the total number of National manufacturing and Investment Zones (NMIZ) will reach ____ :
One will be in Andhra Pradesh, and two in Karnataka.
8. Recently, India has signed ninth Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) with _______ :
India has signed Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) with Monaco . It will allow the two countries to check tax evasion and money laundering. This was the ninth TIEA signed by India.
9. Recently the US space agency NASA has landed a huge new robot rover on Mars called ________.
10. Recently, the World Bank has approved Rs.1100 crore loan as financial assistance for which among the following Indian States to promote green initiatives and sustainable development?
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »