Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 14-15, 2012
1. Who among the following is the first lady to become the chairperson of the Central Board of Excise and Customs(CBEC)?
[C]Isher Judge Ahulwalia
Praveen Mahajan has taken over from S K Goel . CBEC is now an all-women Board with Praveen Mahajan taking over as the acting chairperson.
2. David Rudisha, who created a world record in the 800 m run at the London Olympics belongs to ____________?
3. Hamid Ansari, who became the second person after Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan to hold the Vice-President post for the second time is the ____ person to hold office of Vice-President of India.
4. In which among the following countries is located the Mojave desert?
Mojave desert is located mainly in southern California.
5. What is the capacity of the recently approved (by AERB to load the fuel) Russian designed Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project unit-1 in Tamil Nadu?
6. Amnesty International is a non-governmental organization focused on human rights at the global level. It is founded by whom and where?
[A]Eric Baker, Paris
[B]Peter Benenson, London
[C]Martin Ennals, Vienna
[D]Salil Shetty, London
Peter Benenson, London
7. The upcoming Ultra Mega Power Projects (UMPPs) at Cheyyur and Sarguja are located respectively in ______?
[A]Tamil Nadu and Odisha
[B]Tamil Nadu and Chhattisgarh
[C]Kerala and Odisha
[D]Kerala and Chhattisgarh
Tamil Nadu and Chhattisgarh
8. Recently Indian Institute of Soil Science has developed a web-based system that calculates the quantum and quality of fertilizers that should be applied to the soil for targeted yield. Where is Indian Institute of Soil Science is located ?
9. Recently, Gale Crater was making news in context with which among the following planets / moons?
Recently NASA’s Curiosity rover on Mars had sent first 360-degree panorama of the Gale Crater.
10. Arrange the following countries based on their medal tally in the recent Olympic games held in London.
1. USA 2. Russia 3. UK 4.China
USA – 46 Gold ( Total – 104) , China – 38 Gold (Total – 88) , UK – 29 ( Total – 65 ) and Russia – 24 Gold ( Total – 82 )