Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 19, 2012
1. Who among the following is the present director of the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)?
2. Cepheid’s GeneXpert is a molecular diagnostic system that is used to detect _______ in a patient.
Cepheid’s Xpert MTB/RIF can detect TB in patients co-infected with HIV and the disease’s resistance to the antibiotic rifampicin – a widely accepted indicator of the presence of the multi-drug resistant TB.
3. Which among the following countries has recently granted diplomatic asylum to the Wiki Leaks founder Julian Assange?
4. The Waverider X-51A, the hypersonic missile was tested unsuccessfully by which among the following countries recently?
5. To ensure that small investors get a higher share of the IPOs, recently, the SEBI has increased the minimum allotment amount to ___________ from the existing Rs. 5,000–7,000. Choose the correct entry to fill the blank.
6. The Union cabinet recently approved two schemes to encourage electronic manufacturing, including Electronics Manufacturing Clusters and Modified Special Incentive Package (M-SIPS). Under M-SIPS scheme, the government would give what fraction of subsidies to SEZs and non-SEZs entities respectively?
[A]15 per cent, 20 per cent
[B]20 per cent, 15 per cent
[C]20 per cent, 25 per cent
[D]25 per cent, 20 per cent
20 per cent, 25 per cent
7. Under the National Optical Fibre Network (NOFP), how many Panchayats are to be provided with broadband connectivity?
8. Recently IFRS is in news in the context of accounting standards. What is IFRS?
[A]Indian Financial Regulating Standards
[B]Indian Financial reporting Standards
[C]International Financial Regulating Standards
[D]International Financial Reporting Standards
International Financial Reporting Standards
9. Mrinal Gore, who recently passed away was a well-known ____________?
10. Which among the following ministries of Indian Government is implementing the OPEX 2012 project?
[A]Ministry of Science and Technology
[B]Ministry of Corporate Affairs
[C]Ministry of External Affairs
[D]Ministry of Sports
Ministry of Sports
OPEX stands for Operation Excellence. It is implanted by Ministry of Sports in the run up to the London Olympic games.
Tags: Current Affairs Quiz - August, 2012
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 1-15, 2023
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - April, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - April, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|