Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 18, 2012
1. “Mee Seva”, the electronically delivery of citizen services is the e-governance project of which among the following states of India?
2. India does not extend the Visa on Arrival facility to the tourists coming from which among the following countries?
As a measure to attract more foreign tourists, the Government launched VoA scheme from 2010 for citizens of five countries – Finland, Japan,
Luxemburg, New Zealand and Singapore. This was further extended to six countries – Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Laos and Myanmar from January 2011.
3. The “Spratly Islands” and “Paracel Islands” have been making news frequently in recent times. These islands are located in _________?
[B]East China Sea
[C]South China Sea
South China Sea
4. Oscar Pistorius, also known as the ‘blade runner’ and ‘the fastest man on no legs’ participated in the recent Olympic games. He hails from ________?
5. At which among the following places, the head-quarter of the International Astronomical Union is located?
6. What is name of the newfound moon of the ex-planet Pluto?
Pluto has 5 moons. They are Charon, Nix, Hydra, P4 and P5. P5 is recently found by the scientists.
7. What is the name of the drug company in India, which got first Compulsory License to produce Nexavar drug under section 84 of the Indian Patents Act, 1970?
[C]Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory
8. In which among the following country, world’s first heart pump powered by portable batteries has been installed to a patient, in recent times?
9. In which among the following state, Rowghat iron ore mine is located?
10. The Government of which among the following states has recently launched the ‘Ladli Laxmi yojana’ to curb the female foeticide ?
Under the scheme women can avail Rs 1 lakh to meet wedding expenses.