Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : August 17, 2012
1. The highest court of which among the following countries has recently upheld the world’s toughest law on cigarette promotion?
2. A committee has been recently set up by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to review the taxation of development centres and IT sector. Who among the following head this committee?
[B]Rashmi Sahani Saxena
3. As per the recently released Global Competitiveness Index Report 2011-12, what is the rank of Indian Economy among the 140 countries indexed?
Please note that the Global Competitiveness Index Report is compiled by World Economic Forum.
4. The Polavaram dam project has been making headlines frequently in recent times. The interstate dispute in context with this project has been among which among the following states?
[A]Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra
[B]Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Chhattisgarh
[C]Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Odisha
[D]Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Chhattisgarh
5. The TMI e2E Academy, a partner of the National Skill Development Corporation has launched the country’s first employability counselling centre at which among the following places?
The centre will target the rural and semi-urban graduates and provide them skill training so that they are employment ready. It will offer the candidate an opportunity to take a Job Personality Fitment Test (JPFit Test) to find out what kind of jobs will suit his/her personality at the centre itself.
6. How many countries are the members of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) a, regional bloc of Latin American and Caribbean nations?
7. India has recently announced to set up two manufacturing hubs in which among the following countries?
8. As per the latest Environmental Performance Index (EPI), India’s planning commission has placed which among the following states on top slot?
According to Planning Commission, the EPI is a measure of environmental well-being and with the efforts made by the State, the scores assigned and the ranking would change year after year. The criteria on which the index was ranked took into account 16 indicators under five categories of air pollution, forests, water quality, water management and climate change. The planning commission is considering the environmental performance index under the performance criteria for states under the Gadgil Formula and to assign a 2 percent weightage for environment conservation.
9. Which among the following global banking giant was recently making news for money-laundering transactions involving Iran, followed by a settlement with fine worth $340 million?
10. What is the contribution of MSME sector to the country’s total manufacturing output?
India has 30 million MSME units, which as the second largest source of employment after agriculture, employs 70 million people. It contributes 45 per cent to the manufacturing output and 40 per cent of exports.