Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz – July 5, 2012
1. From July 1, 2012, which among the following countries has introduced the controversial carbon tax which makes around 300 businesses to pay $23 for every tonne of carbon emission they produce?
2. Which among the following neighbouring country of India has a one party politics / regime?
3. In India, the e-filing for Income tax returns is compulsory for the persons and entities which have an income of more than___?
4. Recently, the Government sector banks have urged the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to consider perpetual non-cumulative preference shares (PNCPS) as part of their core Tier-I capital under Basel-III norms. The features of the PNCPS are:
1. They have no redemption dates
2. They have no voting rights
Which among the above is / are correct?
[C]Both 1 & 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
Both 1 & 2
PNCPS is a preference share that has no redemption date and voting rights. The claims of the investors in PNCPS will be senior to the claims of
investors in equity shares and subordinate to the claims of all other creditors and depositors.
5. Now a days, we read in the newspapers that many banks have revised the deposit rates downwards on FCNR accounts with maturity of two to five years. The FCNR Accounts refer to ___?
[A]Foreign Currency Non-Resident Account
[B]Foreign Currency Non-Reserve Account
[C]Foreign Cumulative Non-Resident Account
[D]Foreign Company Non-Resident Account
Foreign Currency Non-Resident Account
6. Which among the following banks of India has recently announced formation of an Indian Mortgage Guarantee Company, India’s first mortgage guarantee entity?
[A]State Bank of India
[C]National Housing Bank
National Housing Bank
The National Housing Bank (NHB) has announced formation of an Indian Mortgage Guarantee Company, a joint venture with US-based financial security
company Genworth, the Asian Development Bank and the International Finance Corporation. This is the first mortgage guarantee company in India. Its
aim is to offer credit risk coverage in the form of guarantees to housing finance companies and banks in case of borrowers defaulting. This would help
mortgage lenders avoid piling bad debts in their books.
7. Who among the following leads National Advisory Council (NAC)?
[C]Montek Singh Ahluwalia
8. Recently, a high-level committee has suggested an alternative route, other than cutting through the mythological Ram Sethu, for the controversial Sethusamudram project is not economically and ecologically feasible. Who heads this panel?
[C]R K Pachauri
[D]A K Biswal
R K Pachauri
9. Recently, Steel Authority of India (SAIL) said that it will invest Rs. 3,000 crore to quadruple capacity of its Gua iron ore mine to 10 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) and put up a four mtpa pelletisation plant. In which state is located the Gua Iron Ore mine?
10. At present, the Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) of India is 212. This means that 212 women die out of ___________ Live births?