Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : July 15, 2012
1. Consider the following Statements regarding ‘Child Sex Ratio’ in India?
1.Child Sex Ratio is the number of females per thousand males in the age group 0–6 years.
2.Maharashtra and Haryana are the States having the highest and the lowest child sex ratio respectively.
Which among the Statement(s) given above is/are correct?
[C]Both 1 and 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
Mizoram has the highest child sex ratio of 971 females against 1000 males.
2. The final destination of the TAPI gas pipeline will be _________ near the India-Pakistan border.
3. Which among the following has recently replaced the ‘K-computer’ of Japan as the world’s fastest supercomputer?
4. The lack of consensus on territorial dispute over ‘Scarborough Shoal’, a reef island in South China Sea lead to breaking up of ASEAN summit recently.Which among the following countries make conflicting claims over this disputed island territory?
[A]China, Philippines, Taiwan
[B]China, Taiwan, Vietnam
[C]China, Philippines, Malaysia
[D]China, Philippines, Brunei
China, Philippines, Taiwan
5. Who is/are the author(s) of the book ‘Spies Against Armageddon’ which provides details of secret assassinations of Iranian nuclear scientists?
[D]Both [B] and [C]
Both [B] and [C]
‘Spies Against Armageddon’ is shrouded in controversy for saying that Israel’s Mossad Spy Agency assassinated at least four Iranian nuclear scientists in an effort to curb the country’s controversial nuclear program.
6. The ‘World Bank’ comprises of :
1.International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
2.International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
3.International Development Association (IDA)
Choose the correct option:
[B]1 and 2
[C]1 and 3
[D]1, 2 and 3
1 and 3
The World Bank differs from the World Bank Group, in that the World Bank comprises only two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA), whereas the latter incorporates these two in addition to three more:International Finance Corporation (IFC), Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
7. India has decided to scale down its diplomatic ties with ________ ,after the country refused to take measures for the extradition of ‘Purulia arms drop case’ accused Kim Davy.
In the wee hours of December 18, 1995 a mysterious weapon consignment was dropped from the sky over Joupur Jhalda area under Purulia Disctrict of West Bengal.
8. How much money has been pledged by India as a contribution to IMF’s bail-out fund for Eurozone Crisis at the G-20 summit?
9. Which among the following nations is not a part of ASEAN+3 group?
10. Who among the following was not one of the J&K interlocutors whose recommendations form the report submitted to the Ministry of Home Affairs in May, 2012?