Quiz 71: Basic GK Questions for All Examinations
1. Who among the following is the Supreme Commander of Indian armed forces ?
[A]President of India
[B]Vice President of India
[C]Prime Minister of India
[D]Defense Minister of India
2. Who among the following has authored the famous book ‘India Wins Freedom’ ?
[A]Jawahar Lal Nehru
[B]Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
[D]Dr. Rajendra Prasad
3. Jatiyo Sansad is the parliament of which among the following country ?
[D]None of them
4. In 1612, at which among the following places, the British established their first factory (trading post) in India ?
5. Velodrome is an arena for which among the following sporting events ?
[D]Formula 1 racing
6. Which among the following scientists was known as ‘Wizard of Menlo Park’ ?
[A]Thomas Alva Edison
[B]F. A. Davis
7. Which among the rulers of Magadh founded the city of Patliputra (Patna) on the bank of river Ganges?
8. In which year Robert Edwin Peary became the first person to reach the North Pole ?
9. In which city is the dargah (tomb) of sufi saint Moinuddin Chishti located ?
10. In which year, Vijay Laxmi Pandit became the first woman President of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) ?
11. What is the name of India’s first nuclear reactor ?
12. Mahatama Gandhi had launched his first Satyagraha in India from which among the following places?
13. Which among the following Indian classical dance form was developed by Siddhendra Yogi from Bhamakalapam dance drama ?
14. Which of the following European countries is known as the ‘Land of a thousand lakes’ ?
15. Sadakat Ashram memorial in Patna is dedicated to which former President of India ?
[A]Dr. Rajendra Prasad
[B]V V Giri
[D]Basappa Danappa Jatti